Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings all,

I'm brand new to this forum and need some help. I've recently purchased a 24/7 G2 compact in .45 off of gunbroker. Because I live in NY the seller would only ship the gun with the 10 round mag. I am having an impossible time finding a 10 round magazine for a 24/7 g2 compact .45 to buy anywhere. What frustrates me further is that the gun is still a current production model and the factory can't sell me a 10 round mag or tell me where to get one. I spent 30 min on hold waiting to speak to a customer service rep about ordering a 10 round mag. Dude tells me they are discontinued (how can it be discontinued when you ship them with the gun?). I ask for a supervisor so the rep takes my phone # for a supervisor to call me back later. An hour later the same rep calls me back (nice of him to actually follow up) and tells me his supervisor is sorry that there is no mag for me, but they would like to send me a promotional gift pack for the inconvenience. LOL LOL ; I ask what is in the gift pack and was told 'you know, like tee shirts, hats, stickers, bracelets and cool stuff like that". Frustrated I give him my mailing address. A few days later I received ONE crappy sticker and a little orange pin that says "Carry On"; you can't make it up; hardly the merchandise bonanza promised.

This is my first Taurus and will likely be my last given the fact that I can't use this gun as a CCW without a 2nd mag, I don't need a range gun, and it is hardy a safe queen. I haven't even shot the gun yet as it is still in my FFL's safe as I wait for my permit to be amended and I want to sell it (more NY bs- adding guns to your permit and waiting 6-8 weeks).

So if somebody can tell me where I can get a 10 round magazine or two for this gun I will be extremely grateful.

Furthermore if somebody can explain to me how the company can produce a gun yet be unable to sell you a spare magazine and expect happy customers I'm willing to listen.

These guys are jokes.

Thanks for your time, and stay safe.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Welcome from Texas! I bought several mags for every gun I owned. Others did the same and that's why mags at times are hard to find. Check the online stores like MidwayUSA.com and ManVentureOutpost.com.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
@ Magnum_Gauge- I do not blame Taurus for NY's ridiculous laws. I blame Taurus for not having any magazines in inventory for a current year model gun. Its not like I'm looking for a magazine for something that is a wwII relic or an out of production model. They ship the 24/7 G2 .45 compact from their factory every day with a 10 round mag. and a 12 round mag in the box. Yet they refer to the 10 round mag as discontinued when you call customer service. Perhaps I'll send them a dictionary as the customary definition of discontinued is very different from the one they use.

It is impossiable for them not to have piles of the 10 round mags on hand (unless they have stopped manufacturing the gun and are waiting to ship them all out to dealers and such).

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Pistol magazines for Taurus guns as well as guns made by other makers were plentiful before the presidential election in 11/2012. After that, the gun rush had just begun, most handguns and their mags just disappeared from the gun shops & their prices had gone up remarkably. I couldn't find mags for my Ruger & SIG pistols either until recently. So just give it some time. In the mean time, I would check the online gun stores regularly as the mags I want to get would just come back in stock and disappear very quickly.

·
Registered
762 Posts
You will have to be a little patient. Like previously stated, Taurus is not at fault for your state's idiotic laws. I'm sure that everyone went into panic mode and bought as many as they could before the law was passed. In the free world they ship em with the 12 rounders so I'm sure 10 rounders are a low priority for them. Keep looking, you'll find one a few eventually. Until then, shoot your pistol, it's a great gun. BTW, welcome to the forum.

Reactions: shiftace

·
Registered
762 Posts
It is impossiable for them not to have piles of the 10 round mags on hand (unless they have stopped manufacturing the gun and are waiting to ship them all out to dealers and such).
It is possible if the 10 rounder isn't what normally ships with the pistol. It is probably going to have to be specially made for your state.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
@ Magnum_Gauge- I do not blame Taurus for NY's ridiculous laws. I blame Taurus for not having any magazines in inventory for a current year model gun. Its not like I'm looking for a magazine for something that is a wwII relic or an out of production model. They ship the 24/7 G2 .45 compact from their factory every day with a 10 round mag. and a 12 round mag in the box. Yet they refer to the 10 round mag as discontinued when you call customer service. Perhaps I'll send them a dictionary as the customary definition of discontinued is very different from the one they use.

Items sell out when they are popular. They cant very well take one out of a boxed gun package. If they did that for everyone then there would be a lot of poed people when they opened their box and had NO mags. Its not impossible to sell out of an item. It happens all the time. Enjoy your sticker and pin. Many people here would love to have that.

·
Super Moderator
38,597 Posts
I do think that supply and demand is the answer as to why the 10 round mags are scarce. Who in the world would want a ten round magazine when 12 round units are the standard for a particular pistol model...unless they were forced to do so? If you look at the trend in New York state I would predict that things will only get worse there instead of better, at least until your citizens can press and win some legal battles there. Unless you are able to roll back the tide there, you may see it go more the way of California.

Smith & Wesson, Ruger to End Handgun Sales in California | Fox Business

There is a classified section here that is available to those with 25 posts and most probably many members who may be interested in taking that firearm off your hands even if they had to scrounge for a few magazines.

Finally, welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois! Please read the guidelines, particularly about bashing firearms or the people who make/sell them, regardless of whether that is Taurus or any other manufacturer.

·
23,445 Posts
Lots of magazines for lots of pistols were out of stock even before a few of the liberal states started adding restrictions. Those restrictions made things even worse for a manufacturer trying to get a little bit ahead of demand. I can understand why you're frustrated, especially with the sticker and pin, but give it time. It'll get sorted out.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
They had 2 in stock when I looked couple minuets ago
Taurus PT247 G2 45ACP Gun Magazine
Sorry its a 12rd not sure it will work for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Czechbiker. Did not read the rules. I would suggest there is a line between bashing a mfg. (name calling for the sake of it) and dialog that may be uncomfortable because it criticizes. I will take a moment to read the rules because I can not imagine a useful gun forum (or any type of forum) that does not permit sharing negative product experiences; but only exists for positive product experiences.

Stay safe

·
Super Moderator
38,597 Posts
As in most dialogue, it's not so much what you say, but how you say it. Welcome again, look around a bit. We discuss the good, the bad and the ugly. Lately with all things firearms related as to delivery, there has been a lot of ugly.

Good luck with your search. Who knows, there might be someone on the forum that has 10 round mags that they don't use.

·
Registered
37,206 Posts
I do think that supply and demand is the answer as to why the 10 round mags are scarce. Who in the world would want a ten round magazine when 12 round units are the standard for a particular pistol model...unless they were forced to do so? If you look at the trend in New York state I would predict that things will only get worse there instead of better, at least until your citizens can press and win some legal battles there. Unless you are able to roll back the tide there, you may see it go more the way of California.
I believe the weapon that the OP is talking about a magazine for is a compact 24/7 G-2, and if so the standard magazine in 45 acp is the 10 round magazine I believe the 12 rounder is considered the extended magazine and takes a spacer in order to fit flush in the gun grip frame, at least thats the way the 24/7 C models were, I assume the g-2 is the same
in the case of the compact is nothing to do with state laws but with fitting the weapon flush and making the weapon more concealable.
My 24/7 C (both of them) came with 1- 10 round and 1 -12 round magazine.
If i am incorrect well then "NEVER MIND".

·
Registered
37,206 Posts
It is possible if the 10 rounder isn't what normally ships with the pistol. It is probably going to have to be specially made for your state.
the 24/7 C G-2 should ship with 1-12round & 1- 10 round magazine I believe!
The reason for the shortage is I think maybe, first Taurus don't make enough extras to be sold as parts, and thin about this, the 12 round mags will fit every 24/7 G-2 in that caliber they make, the 10 round magazine in that caliber will only fit the compact models, so less weapons, less available stock.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts