Taurus Firearm Forum banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts
The Sig IS the GSG 1911-22., it just carries the Sig rollmarks, paint and grips. The only real issues were with the availability of Mags. CDNN had them a month or so back for $19.99. they may still have a some left.

Why no talk of the Neos OR the S&W 22a?
A 7" 22a with a rail can be had for under $300 and sights and scopes can be mounted in minutes.
The gun is a baragain tack driver drawing design from a long line of exceptional competition shooters.

This gun will put the short barrel SR or Mosquito to shame at the range or critter getting!!!
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

Stock photo
Add 1x red dot or pistol scope for max fun!

Reactions: darbo
Like this?
good price on that Sig.
an Yes its made by GSG, been happy with mine except for the finish, the aluminum slide just will scratch in heartbeat, and don't any part of the hand or fingers touch the slide or you will have ejection problems. runs like a clock other than that.
The paint on my GSG slide flaked off so quickly, I've already had to refinish it. Still a nice runnin pistol.

CW Accessories LLC | Lancaster, OH 43130

Accessories!

Reactions: olfarhors
My wife has a walther p22 (similar to the ruger) and a Mosquito. I like the mosquito better as the sites are better, and it has a bit more weight. The decocker is nice too. I compared the p22 to a sr 22 and they seemed similar.
Our mosquito runs well on remington thunderbolts and cci mimimags. It even cycles aguila sss, which it not supposed to do.
My Mosquito likes Remington Golden, C.C.I. standard / target velocity, and Federal bulk loads. It does NOT like Vipers or Winchester "Game" loads. It came with a second, heavier spring for the warmer loads, but I haven't switched them out. I shoot the warmer loads in my wheelies. They shoot them all.

I wouldn't own a sig..or shold I say another sig. I had a p250 both my son and I shot it and it shot WAY low and to the left. So i read an article on the isg 2022(I think was the model) and they said it shot WAY low and to the right. WTH..they come out of the factory shooting low..like 3 feet low. Nope no sig for me,but its just my $.02
My P250 is a tack driver. Your mileage varied.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk

A 7" 22a with a rail can be had for under $300 and sights and scopes can be mounted in minutes.
The gun is a baragain tack driver drawing design from a long line of exceptional competition shooters.

This gun will put the short barrel SR or Mosquito to shame at the range or critter getting!!!
View attachment 104616

Stock photo
Bought one about two years ago. It is a nice pistol, but the take-down is a bit odd. The gun is NOT as accurate as my well-worn Mk. II Ruger, or my 22/45. Nor is it as reliable as either other pistol. However, we're talking only a couple of more FTF per 100 rounds, and maybe 1/2" on groups at 25 yards.

Not exactly well known, I had an old-timer ask me where I got my "Whitney Wolverine" from. I told him "Smith & Wesson".

The Mosquito has had both accuracy and reliability issues over it's life. Magazines are spotty in availability, and I've never really bought into the multiple recoil springs based on load idea. What happens if you use the gun with the wrong spring?

That said, I hope your gun is a stellar example of the breed, and you enjoy it. :)

View attachment 104616
Stock photo
I will second the Neos with a 6" bbl. That is what I have and it is a flawless performer.

Attachments

See the monthly running battle in the rimfire categories of the monthly TA Pistol Shootout in the Firing Line section of the forum.
I have zero reliability issues with the 22a - I'm looking for good results so I tend to use good ammo.

Once you have done a tear down with any gun a few times it becomes second nature.

Reactions: darbo
I will second the Neos with a 6" bbl. That is what I have and it is a flawless performer.
The Neos is just too Buck Rodgers. It can't do anything a Ruger won't do, so it's not even on my radar.

Reactions: rodfair
I wouldn't own a sig..or shold I say another sig. I had a p250 both my son and I shot it and it shot WAY low and to the left. So i read an article on the isg 2022(I think was the model) and they said it shot WAY low and to the right. WTH..they come out of the factory shooting low..like 3 feet low. Nope no sig for me,but its just my $.02
This is why they make files.

Yea I agree this one that I got is just a piece of crap!
not reliable, does not hold its value, inaccurate, terrible to shoot.
somehow I have managed to work about 6000 rounds near as can figure through this one with no real problems but I am just waiting for It to fly apart.
I can't seem to get this one to reliably shoot either left/ right or low????
apparently another problem with it!---------------------:bang:

Attachments

Great for midgets...lets bring TH into this!

I bought a GSG 1911-22...... I love it! Shoots everything I have put in it so far, and in my sons hands accurate right out of the box!

Reactions: darbo and CJS3
This is why they make files.
and different height front and rear sights, sights in dove tails, and gun instruction classes.----------------:D

Reactions: mingaa
The Neos is just too Buck Rodgers. It can't do anything a Ruger won't do, so it's not even on my radar.
True but you could say the same for the Berreta now as well?
and its a better buy as to price as well.
The trigger on the Neos isn't as nice a the Ruger MK or the Browning buckmark, but if I shoot only the Neos then I get use to it and they are more than enough accurate for me.

Attachments

I bought a GSG 1911-22...... I love it! Shoots everything I have put in it so far, and in my sons hands accurate right out of the box!
Only thing MY Sig 1911-22 don't work on is the Winchester bulk with the lead nose, Hates them an the beretta neos aren't particularly found of them either. they feed but do have problems with ejection many times.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.