Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This person decided to do a review of the Taurus PT 24/7 G2C and at around 3:05 onward he proclaims the owners manual states that 500+ rounds need to be fired before these guns become stable. Trust me when I say you'll stop after 3:30. So just FF to 3:05 To not waste any brain matter.

·
Super Moderator
17,623 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I scanned the PDF and my manual several times. This person is an idiot as far as I'm concerned. I think that happens to what I call GLOCKAHOLICS

·
8,400 Posts
Hmm I thought he was reviewing a crappy old dresser and his Mechanix (I didn't wear them to be cool) gloves. Then I turned up the sound. Gee he already modding the pistol with dremel work , and doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Reactions: palabman

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Here'e the only statement regarding any count of rounds, found on page 28 in the 24/7 G2 manual.

"- Every time you shoot your firearm, it must be cleaned regardless of the
number of shots fired. If you shoot more than 200 shots in a day, clean
your firearm every 200 shots"

Other than that, it's not stated at all about round counts.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Reactions: palabman

·
Super Moderator
17,623 Posts
Dude, this video of yours explains a lot......

Warning: this is 11 minutes of your life you will never get back.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Here's what I added to the comments just because I couldn't help myself.

Lamont Smith said:
Okay, time to clear up some problems in the video.

1. Taurus does not have a single sentence in the manual requiring 500 rounds before carrying. Round count before trust in the weapon is very user specific subject, some are fine with 100 rounds while others want 500 rounds to consider it safe.

2. Double Strike Capability is the term you're looking for, not Double Striker system. That would imply that there are multiple firing pins in the gun.

3. 'Accutrigger' is a term used by Savage for the user customizable trigger in their rifles, Glock calls the style their 'Safe Action Trigger', Taurus simply refers to it as a trigger safety.

4. First generation 24/7's were not DAO pistols unless you lived in California, The only missing part on first generations compared to G2's is the trigger safety. Which has absolutely no bearing on whether the gun is SA, DA, DAO.

5. Next time you have brand new magazines regardless of brand, you need to work the followers up and down a few dozen times to relax the spring. Springs don't relax simply by being compressed for long periods of time, it's the action of being compressed and decompressed which relax spring tension. This would also account for the 'problem' you had with the magazine release, it wasn't downward pressure from the slide holding things up, it's the upward pressure of the magazine springs shoving the rounds into the slide. Also, clean the inside of the mags, they get the same shipping preservative in them that the guns are coated with from the factory in Brazil.

6. Wait times for repairs vary by unit, but normal time periods are between 2-4 weeks, not 3-6 months as you stated. If it's in their possession for over 6 weeks, there's a pretty good chance the gun is being reviewed for complete replacement due to a faulty pistol.

7. The 'bar' that you Dremeled for no reason has no specific name, but it's function is to cock the hammer or striker of a pistol as the slide cycles. Modifying that in any way can mean the difference between a gun cycling properly and getting the firing system in a state of 'half-cock' which renders some pistols pretty much useless.

8. The 'PT' listed on every Taurus semi-automatic pistol stands for 'Pistola Taurus', as they are a company from Brazil and they speak Portuguese there.

9. Taurus only produces three pistols in the USA, the 738 TCP, PT-22, and Curve. All others are made in Brazil and imported via Taurus International which is based in Miami.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Apparently I must have offended someone for using a term to identify Glock owners.

Please accept my apologies.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
A search of the PDF manual only shows one result for "500" it appears in the bottom left corner of the back page of the manual.

Cod.:50062352 Rev.:07/2011

Reactions: mingaa
1 - 12 of 12 Posts