Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any help on when these were made. I have had a hard time trying to find out about it. it has a matte finish, looks like an inox! It is a pt 92 ar. Were these a special run?

thanks

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Let's see if I recall this correctly. The three letters in the serial # indicate :Caliber, Year, and Month. The letters I and O are not used to avoid confusion with the numbers 1 and 0. My PT92 is TZG, or 9mm, 2006, July. So, in the second character "Y" would be 2005. "A" would be 2007.
I'm sure that if I'm wrong, someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, if anybody cares to know, i called taurus and was told that it was a limited run of combat matte in 2004. however, they dont know how many were made. She also said that the pt92 isnt available in combat matte anymore. hmmm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
budkole said:
well, if anybody cares to know, i called taurus and was told that it was a limited run of combat matte in 2004. however, they dont know how many were made. She also said that the pt92 isnt available in combat matte anymore. hmmm.
Really?!? I have one of those with TXE serial number as well.... +1hmmm.

According to a previous post X would indicate 2004 which is when I bought mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.