Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Huge fan of the Millenium Pros, my next purchase will be a 140 or 145. I am leaning towards the 145. What say you? I value all opinions and advice. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
I like the .45acp, but from what I have seen .40 is easier to find right now, both are completely adequate self defense rounds.

Reactions: CogarBoy

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also like the idea of being able to mount a flashlight if I want on the 45. How does recoil compare between the two?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Both will do their intended purpose very well I have the 40 and really like it I thought about getting the 45 but ammo is much cheaper for the 40 either way you can't go wrong. I'm still thinking about buying the 45

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

·
Administrator
40,357 Posts
Just because I own one, and am very pleased with it, PT145! :thumb:

·
Registered
215 Posts
My lgs has the 145 for 349 here in southern WV, I realize that doesn't help you much

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Either one will perform adequately. Do you have another gun in either of these calibers? If not I would go for the 40 myself, however I am starting to get a 45 ACP itch, I am just waiting fr ammo to be available.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
recoil is pretty similar between the two.

·
Registered
14,853 Posts
I love my PT145. It is a very mild shooting .45 acp that is fairly easy to conceal.

And with one in the pipe and a spare mag, 21 rounds of .45!

What's not to like?

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I carry a PT140 but I would be proud to own any one of them, I haven't seen the PT145 in the new catalog so maybe they are phasing it out???

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Either one will perform adequately. Do you have another gun in either of these calibers? If not I would go for the 40 myself, however I am starting to get a 45 ACP itch, I am just waiting fr ammo to be available.
Don't have one myself, but have had some limited experience with each. I am almost of the mind, go big or go home :)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
recoil is pretty similar between the two.
Thanks, I really needed to know if there was a sizeable difference between the two.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the help everyone! I can still find both at a local Academy Sports for 349, probably need to get on it before they disappear completely.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts