Votes: 0 0.0%
  • mill pro Pt- 145

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to sell my Ruger p345 and the money I get from it I am going to buy either the 24/7 .45 or the mill pro .45. I have not had any experince with either gun. I have held both and the 24/7 seems to be slightly larger. I already have the Pt-140 but havent got to shoot it much because of the clip incident. Just wanted to see what ya'll think.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
what is it going to be used for? if it is to be used as a carry i would get the mil. if a range gun go with the 24/7

·
Registered
279 Posts
get yourself a 24/7 C in .45.....budsgunshop has one right now. i have the pt145 and am about to trade for the 24/7c cuz it has the ribber grips on it. the pt145 grip is a tad slim for my hands and the 24/7C is a little more filling.

·
Administrator
35,622 Posts
If you can only buy one, I'd probably go with concealment over a very slight edge in capacity. I love my 24/7 45acp, but I'm IN love with my PT145. It holds 10 rounds, and thats close enough to 12 that it's pretty much a wash.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Go for the PT 145 in SS. The more I shoot mine the more I love it, now it's my full-time CC, you can't beat the 10 rd mag. I carry mine in a SmartCarry or an IWB, it's super easy to conceal, I shoot it at our USPSA shoots and it keeps up with the other production class weapons.

·
Administrator
40,346 Posts
Since I own a PT145, that's my vote. Also have a P345 which is one of my range guns. Keep it if you can.

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
Range gun = 24/7
Concealed carry = 145
The 24/7 is more comfortable to shoot, but the MilPro 145 is easier to carry.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I bought the PT-145 in stainless specifically as a concealed carry piece. It has not disappointed. I currently use a Smart Carry or DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster and am very pleased with the amount firearm I can hide. There is plenty of 45ACP ammo now for short barrel guns too. (Mine is loaded with 230gr Speer Gold Dot for Short Barrels.) The PT-145 shoots way straighter than a 3.25in. barrel should. Either that, or I'm just a lucky shot! :D I am not much interested in a rail; the rail on the Mil Pro is very inconspicuous. The only drawback to the PT-145 is that there isn't much to do or spend on it, you know, like custom grips, etc. You'll just have to spend it on other things! That's never hard to do with firearms, is it? Either firearms will do you well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
fords4life said:
get yourself a 24/7 C in .45.....budsgunshop has one right now. i have the pt145 and am about to trade for the 24/7c cuz it has the ribber grips on it. the pt145 grip is a tad slim for my hands and the 24/7C is a little more filling.
I don't think the ribber grips come on the .45, only the 9 mil and .40.  Maybe I'm incorrect?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a PT145 SS got it for CC/HD. I have about 1000 or so rounds thru with no issues (not caused by me limpwrist at first). Shot all brands of ammo too. I just received my IWB holster for it a Crossbreed, very comfy so far...all in all bang for the buck I think I have a very capable combination of firepower/concealment/reliability and now comfort.

Tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts