Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a long time Sig 239 .9mm fan. It is my current concealed weapon. When I cannot, I am carrying my SW 442.
Much has been written on the value of the .9mm.. I trust and believe in the round.. however... having at least the same # of rounds as the sig (8+1) AND in a .45 cal; I believe is the way to go....
Now my dilemma.
I do realize that this is a Taurus board, but the PT 145 looks like the perfect choice.. .45 / 11 rounds and lightweight.....what else could one need.
My concern is that of reliability. I realize only the unhappy vocal speak out, vs. the happy ones. .. my sig is 100 % perfect, never a misfire, never an issue.. I read that some have issues with the PT 145.
Can anyone lend any insight into the Taruus...
should I make the switch?

Thanks... Be safe.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am a proud owner of a Bersa Thunder .380 and I love that gun.  A few weeks ago much like you I was searching around this forum for some answers.  I took the plunge a few weeks ago and bought the PT145.  It was a big jump.  I originally was going for the PT 140 but said what the heck.  I took the PT145 to the range and ran 100 rounds through her.  Remington UMC round tip.  Man the PT145 performed flawlessly. At first I thought I bought a lemon when the mag kept falling out when firing.  IRealized it was my fat thumb hitting the release.  I changed my grip and no more problems.  I started carrying the PT145 right away.  It conceals better than my Bersa and with .45 cal at 11 rounds in the PT145 You can't go wrong.  I love the firearm and would recommend it to anyone.  At 350.00 - 375.00 you can't go wrong.  Now my problem is my wife wants one too.  I think she gets the Bersa.  ANyway, my .02 cents. Oh yeah and it has a lifetime warranty. Taurus will fix any issues you may have. Hopefully none will arise.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I agree. Good pistol. I tossed a Hogue slip on grip on mine because I like the feel of it.

Another thing to mention is that in case you do ever have a failure to fire, you can just keep pulling the trigger till it goes bag, or you rack the slide to load a new one. I haven't run into that problem with mine, but I imagine with crappy ammo you might.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I know the pt111 is not a pt 145, but I own the pt111 and it has been flawless. Hoping to get a pt145 soon, it's a toss up between the judge and the pt145 for me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts