Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided it was time to remove the side plate to clean out the gunk in the innards. So after I managed to get the side plate off, the trigger spring assembly decided it was going to take off on it's own. After an hour of searching on my hands and knees with a magnet, I found the deserters. So I picked up the revolver to put the trigger assembly back in, and the cylinder fell out. No biggie, I'll just take it apart clean the innards, reassemble, and put it all back on the gun!

That would be a great story, and not really befitting of the smithing forum.

I reassembled the cylinder, and it hangs up (sticks) when I try to rotate it. Again, no biggie, probably just got something out of alignment. Took it apart, again, put it together, again, and still the same.

HELP! What could be causing the cylinder to stick when rotating? I am fairly certain I'm not missing any parts, and I don't know what could have gone in cockeyed. :???:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody then? Somebody has to know something that can help. Please...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just going by and posting a suggestion in m94 sticking cylinder posts. Cleaned my gun for the first time and the cylinder locked up. I pushed the trigger and connected components in, away from the sideplate, and everything functions properly. Just a thought...

·
Super Moderator
35,363 Posts
Mmmm, something wasn't reassembled right. Best I got, sorry. :D

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
I wasn't even a member here when the original question was posted.  :)

However, welcome to the forum M94rev!!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Eventually I took the cylinder apart again and flushed it out with gunscrubber. I found some metal shavings that were probably causing things to go together a little wonky. Never had a problem after that. I sold that gun about a year ago to help fund my STI Guardian.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts