Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, After reading the other post about someone's rear sight being off I noticed that my rear sight is off center by about 1mm to the left. I tried to loosen up the small set screw on the rear sight but had no luck. I actually broke the allen wrench that came with my pistol. Does any one have ideas on how to break up the lock-tite that is holding strong. Would the rear sight being slightly to the left throw my shots left or right? I ask because most of my shots are to the left and low. I have already run 500 rds through my PT 145.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
73 Posts
If the sight is left then your shots will land left. Put some penetrating oil on the screw then let it sit for a while.

·
Registered
723 Posts
You need to heat it. Take the slide off the gun, I used one of those hand held propane torches and aimed the point of the flame at the slide as close to the sight as possible (it wont hurt the site if it gets hot) but the idea is to expand the threaded hole enough with heat so it will let go the allen screw. Ive heard some have used a hair dryer.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How long should I heat the slide with the hairdryer? I tried a little yesterday but it didn't seem like it helped any.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have one of the butane fire starters made for windy conditions that has a blowtourch like flame that would probably work. It has a very concentrated pattern, plus it was cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts