Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you know I am new at reloading. Have not purchased a loading book as of yet as I want a book just for the 45 ACP round. In the mean time, I have Accurate #2 powder, Winchester primers, and 200 Gr Hornady jacketed hollowpoint/xtp bullets. I do not want a heavy load. Can anyone look up a good recipe for this combination please and also include the OAL info as well. Thankyou Much for all of you and your expertise. This site has been wonderful and GOD Bless!!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I could give you a recipe, however it is most important that you obtain and read several reloading manuals before you begin the reloading process. Someone could give you the directions for making a nuclear device but it would be wise to gain the knowledge and training before hand. This is not chastisement, just my $.02.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You need to READ, man, and read ALOT!

THIS RELOADING THING can be dangerous! Mess up with OAL, primers, overcharge, undercharge, wrong or bad case, bullet, etc. can spoil your day. You need to understand all facets of the process, and you need to double-check or triple-check load data, etc.

For starters, try Lee, Modern Reloading, Second Edition, and the ABC's of Reloading.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I have to agree with native, ted, and sbb. Read! Read! Read! When you finally start loading just make sure you take your time and double check your primer seatings and powder charges. Reloading can be problematic at times, but when you discover something your gun likes it is really worth the effort.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks much for the info. I bid on and won a couple of reloading manuals and will read..read..read. And I did visit the Accurate Powder site and downloaded info as well. Thanks again guys for all your help!!

·
Super Moderator
35,466 Posts
AA powder loads in a volume measure really well being a ball powder and it also burns really clean. I've been thinking about working up a load for .45 and .38 with it. Only load I use it for now is a 180 hot .357 mag load, REAL hot, using AA#9. This load is a little above some manuals, near the top of others, but I worked it up for a Ruger Blackhawk. I hesitate to fire it in any less gun. But, boy, it throws down on game. :D It's WAY cleaner burning than 2400 and meters more consistently in a powder measure.

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
The powder Manufacturers will send you a free guide by mail if you contant them, but it is essential that you also invest in a reloading guide that list different powders and bullet weights.

·
Registered
62 Posts
For many loads try Handloads.com. I've use a lot of there data with good results. Remember 'chance favors the prepared mind'
Read - and read some more before you start!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts