Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this Taurus .357 new close to 20 years ago. I guess I have misplaced the box, or accidentally discarded it. I originally purchased it to carry with me while deer hunting. It has a 6" vented barrel, and is a 6 shot.

It does not have a model number stamped anywhere on it. I have higher resolution photos of it it will help. For the life of me I can not remember the model.

Thanks in advanced for any help.

·
32,737 Posts
That looks like a 669. Had the stainless version way back when. Sold it to get shorter barreled 66 and 65. Been sorry about that one ever since.

Can give Taurus a call at 1-800-327-3776 and talk to Taurus CS. Give them the serial number and they can tell you for sure.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Another possibiliity, is open the cylinder, and look where it connects to the frame. My guns have the model # and another # stamped right there for all to see. Your older gun might not have it, but it might too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Robby said:
Another possibiliity, is open the cylinder, and look where it connects to the frame. My guns have the model # and another # stamped right there for all to see.
Yeah tried that too, there were some numbers stamped in it, but nothing that resembled a model number.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Qwiks draw said:
That looks like a 669. Had the stainless version way back when. Sold it to get shorter barreled 66 and 65. Been sorry about that one ever since.

Can give Taurus a call at 1-800-327-3776 and talk to Taurus CS. Give them the serial number and they can tell you for sure.
I had thought about calling them before, but just never did. You were correct. It is a 669. Thanks!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well now I know what my grips originally came off of...a .357 see picture of same grips from an ebay buy, and then I put them on my model 441 in .44 special.

TB C45

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had the same grips on my OLD Taurus medium frame Model 96 .22 L.R.
Alden

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Qwiks draw said:

It's a model 689.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts