Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help i dont know what taurus this is and what pices are missing? can someone help me with this thank you for any help.:confused: gun pic 7.jpg

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Looks like a 66 to me, but like bubblehead said enter your serial number in at the link he gave you ti find out for sure.

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
I believe what you have there is an old Taurus Model 88 in 38 Special. Do you have the side cover and screws for it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no it did not tell me it said No matches for your serial number were found. no i do not have side cover and screws for it still looking for them i have them some where.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
If it is like other revolvers I've been into, that sideplate is a custom fit. Screws can be replaced but that side plate is vital.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
If I were missing parts I'd send it back to Taurus to see if they could rework it. I doubt they'd do it for free.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
help i dont know what taurus this is and what pices are missing? can someone help me with this thank you for any help.:confused: View attachment 19051
From that pic, it looks like you are missing the hand, transfer bar/hammer block, and perhaps the firing pin spring since the firing pin retaining pin is sticking out while the firing pin looks to be in place. Of course, the sideplate and its screws are missing like bre said.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
My experience,is when you enter your serial numbers the letters have to be entered in lower case, hope this helps

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
You won't be finding any info from Taurus about that gun, it's a pre-1984 model which was imported by the former owners of Taurus. Worst part is that you have no warranty with any guns before that period either. The silver bulls head that looks as happy as a Hindu cow is a dead giveaway on it's age, and considering that you have a 1973 date inside the grip helps ID it a bit. If you look around hard enough, you may be able to piece it back into working order.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I don't know about that old of a gun but my 1985 689 had the mod# stamped on the frame and you can only see it when the cylinder is open.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts