Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a new taurus pt 24/7 gen 2 cal 40 but its a heavy trigger i ran only 20 rounds only :jiml:.do you have any idea about the trigger how to be smooth?:(

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico, the G2 trigger does get some getting used too. Keep shooting it mine lightened up and smoothed out somewhere around 500 rounds. Even a friend who shot it when it was new noticed it. Keep the faith and keep on shooting.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Usually useage will lighten up a tight trigger, especially with revolvers. Give it about two hundred rounds
or so and if it is still tight, maybe take a couple of coils out of the trigger spring or you should replace the
spring alltogether.

·
Administrator
17,813 Posts
+1 on shooting the Pistol some more to wear in the Trigger and associated parts. Nix on clipping Spring Coils as that WILL get you into trouble you do not want! Get at least 500 rounds thru it!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I would suggest you purchase some snap caps and dry fire the gun as much as you can stand, practicing trigger/sight control SAFELY while polishing all the bits in the trigger mechanism. The nice thing about the DA/re-strike feature of the 24/7 allows much easier dry fire since you don't have to work the slide for each shot. Cheaper and easier than live fire if not as much fun:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am working on polishing up the internals of my G2 .40 and will post details in a bit. So far just the easy stuff has been done... the stuff in the slide. Not much difference in pull yet. It is smoother though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts