Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son has a Taurus Tactical 24/7 OSS DS 9mm and I'd like to get a holster for him, but having trouble finding the correct one. A friend suggested I start looking at Fobus. I spoke with rep there to confirm - He said the Fobus Evolution HK2 was the one (fit for this holster was "Taurus OSS/DS"). Does not fit - slide and underside of barrel are too big for holster. I called back and rep began to whine about gun vendors changing specs. Suggested I try an SP11 holster - haven't been able to find store with one I can try.
I did find a Fobus RU97 and tried that (btw, Fobus fit chart for this says "Taurus 24/7 Pro"), but it doesn't fit either. Barrel fit is better (snug but ok), but the trigger gaurd on gun is too big for the retention tabs on holster. Takes two hands - one on gun, one on holster - put the gun in or take it out.
Any suggestions? Anyone know what diffs are between the 24/7 Pro, Millenium, and the OSS DS models?

Thanks,

·
Registered
27,129 Posts
Blackhawk makes the Serpa CQC for the OSS - I have one.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
For one thing, the SP11 holster from Fobus has an adjustible tension on the trigger guard. You loosen the screw to allow for easier draw. Not sure about the other Fobus models, but if there is a screw around the trigger area, and not a rivet they are adjustible. I carry my 24/7 DS 4" Barrel gun and my PT111 in the same holster. I know the OSS is a bit longer but it should work.

The Theis IWB for the 24/7 should work also, I have extra leather for the longer barrel in the one I use. Again I use it for 24/7 and PT111.

Of course I also can use the same model leather unit from Don Hume, JIT for the 24/7, but the barrel does extend beyond it both the PT and 24/7.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

ITAC makes a Tactical Paddle Holster for the 24/7 OSS pistols.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys. This gun does have a longer barrel, maybe that's what the issue was. The only FOBUS holster I could get the barrell into was the RU97. However, the trigger guard was way to big for the passive retention tabs in the holster. After lots of chasing around (way too much) I took it to a gun-smith and said "I need a holster for this". He took one look and said, "oh, you're going to have trouble there". After hearing that, I went back to the RU97, cut the rivet closest to the trigger guard and replaced it with a bolt/nut so it could expand around the guard. Think that has it fixed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a Fobus TA 24/7 that fits my 24/7 OSS DS in 40 and 45 nice and snug . I did have to loosen the adjustment screw all the way to be able to draw them easily. As a matter of fact I'm wearing it right now with the 40 in it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Are these comfortable???

·
Administrator
17,595 Posts
Blackhawk makes the Serpa CQC for the OSS - I have one.
I'm a fan of the Serpa.
+1 on the Serpa! It's my favorite Range Holster for my either of my 24/7's. The ITAC Holsters are very good, too! The Fobus RU97 will be very hard on the finish of your Pistol.

The Fobus SP11 is a better choice, but not without modification. Sometimes heat forming will be necessary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts