Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title says . I want one without rail and reasonable price . Only one I've found was over 700$ . Prefer a rep online store such as buds guns . They don't have any , maby you guys know of one used or new . This will be my carry as I've already got a 1911alr for house .

Ty in advance .

·
Super Moderator
36,371 Posts
Your reporting of the current price makes me happy that I bought mine three years ago. I am sorry however that mine is not for sale. I fully expect that I'll be shooting it for years to come.

Good luck in your search...it is a very worthy goal.

·
Registered
36,445 Posts
well actually I have never seena Taurus Pt1911 that I thought was unreasonable, just price the others in the case with them and compare the options included.
700 bucks is high for my area for any PT1911, the blues normally run in the 539-569, range.
stianless in the 599-629 range.
I actually bought the one in the picture below ( minus the grips) for $461 out the door from CDNN.
429 for the gun, 16 bucks shipping, 15 bucks FFL fee.
its a 38 Super ,you didn't mention which calber that you wanted if it even matters.
at 700 bucks i would just shop around on the internet.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry yes .45 is a must . Nothing against others , I just don't need them .
Internet is fine I'm just not turning up anything without rail .

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Damn, makes me with I got one of those gold and polished PT1911s from buds when they were 504 bucks. I just looked and yeah the PT1911 in stainless is running damn near 700 on gun broker. Really I've found buds is going to be about your best price for something, hopefully someone else can chime in and let you know if they know a place.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...s_id/17286/Taurus+1911SS+45ACP+Stainless+8+RD that's about the best I've seen but I dunno what your transfer fee's would be. I've bought off of buds alot of times though their good to work with. Might call your local shops see what they can order one for.

·
Banned
893 Posts
get use to the Taurus prices going up, my lgs has a stainless for $725, Taurus is finally charging what these guns are worth.

·
Super Moderator
36,371 Posts
get use to the Taurus prices going up, my lgs has a stainless for $725, Taurus is finally charging what these guns are worth.
Oh sure...just like the pusher man....get us addicted and then crank up the cost. :D

(I'm glad I got mine! ;) )

·
Administrator
39,883 Posts
Like everything I own, except my wife and my dog, mine could be for sale. But I doubt you could afford it. I just had to be smart-alecky! :D

Attachments

Reactions: airwrench

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
I saw one at my LGS for 649 yesterday stainless 45

·
Registered
19 Posts
I saw one in a local pawn shop for 600.00

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Acedemy sports ? I found one in GA they said will only sell to GA residents won't ship outta state , I live in KY .

Good price though .

·
22,050 Posts
Acedemy sports ? I found one in GA they said will only sell to GA residents won't ship outta state , I live in KY .

Good price though .
If you have an Academy in your area you may get the store to transfer it there where you can purchase it.

I love my PT1911SS by the way and you will too when you get it.

·
Banned
893 Posts
I am so glad Taurus prices are climbing, they are worth it for sure. They use forged parts, lifetime warranty and troubles..... tell me which weapon producers don't have troubles, ever Baer, Wilson, Brown etc have problems. I wish they would hit the thousand $ prices, because I own a few:D

·
Super Moderator
36,371 Posts
I am so glad Taurus prices are climbing, they are worth it for sure. They use forged parts, lifetime warranty and troubles..... tell me which weapon producers don't have troubles, ever Baer, Wilson, Brown etc have problems. I wish they would hit the thousand $ prices, because I own a few:D
If they hit a grand I am going to with I had bought a dozen instead of one! (They certainly are worth the price charged and then some)

·
Registered
597 Posts
I picked up my SS PT1911 no rail used for 500. The NIB was going at 800. My used version still had all original paperwork, original factory mags, both keys, bushing tool and original case. The paperwork also included the previous owners permit used to buy the weapon originally with his phone number. I called him up and talked for a few minutes about the weapon. He had stated he had no problems with it, firing maybe 1000 rounds and had done no work whatsoever to it other than typical clean and lube. He had traded it on some other weapons and paid 540 for it new a couple years ago.
Shot it on Saturday for the first time and it was flawless except for POI was a little left from POA. Minor adjustment and she was dead on at 25. I hit a grouping of 8 all inside of 1&1/2 inches. I am more than happy with this 1911 and cant wait to buy another in dou tone or blue.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts