Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just refinished my PT1911 and had all the parts set out for reassembly. The cat jumped up on my lap and the parts went flying. All part were accounted for, save for the front sight (Novak) set screw. Long shot, but does any one know the thread size and pitch of the little bugger?

· Super Moderator
27,406 Posts
Call Taurus, they will send you a freebie. Will take about 10 days.

Think it 1.5 metric fine...at least thats what my 24/7 is....pretty sure they will be the same.

· Super Moderator
42,113 Posts
If you have a magnet, maybe search the room with it?

· Registered
281 Posts
If you have one of those long magnets to hold knives or the one for tools in the garage, use that to run over the floor.

· Registered
634 Posts
Forget about it, just have Taurus send you a new front sight, you know they will. By the way for what resone did you have to take it off in the first place?

shoot safe, shoot straight, and have fun

Reactions: olfarhors

· Premium Member
16,973 Posts
I recommend this guy for assistance with that cat....

Snapshot Art

Reactions: TexasAviator

· Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whoa whats with the cat hate? I can't blame him, I had a chicken sandwitch and that is his form of crack.

· Registered
6,401 Posts
Was this inside the home or garage??

If so......get a flashlight, a strong one is better, lay it on the floor with beam turned on- then slowly rotate it like a lighthouse. Watch in the beam path....if the screw is there it will stand out in 3D when the light hits it. You will also see many other things.

· Registered
38,457 Posts
Reactions: gbusmech

· Registered
38,457 Posts
Whoa whats with the cat hate? I can't blame him, I had a chicken sandwitch and that is his form of crack.
How do you know it was the chicken sandwich??
maybe the cats like me and he wanted the 1911, to hell with the sandwich.

Reactions: chevroletfreak

· Premium Member
16,973 Posts
I was shopping at Meijers one day and asked one of the employees if this cat food was; made from cats or was for cats? She walked away muttering something about PETA....:D

Reactions: Willboat

· Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I can't find it in our lush new carpet :(, so I found out what size this little booger is and will pick up one local on Monday. FYI its a 2mm x.04 x 3mm and takes a 0.9 mm allen key.

· Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How do you know it was the chicken sandwich??
maybe the cats like me and he wanted the 1911, to hell with the sandwich.
I don't know it was a realy good sandwich! BTW The cat is not alowed to play with the guns anymore (small neighbor dog problem).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.