Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to reassemble (yep, pushed down on barrel hood during process) and can not get the slide back off the frame.

24/7 .45.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can not get the slide (with the barrel and recoil assembly installed) either all the way on the frame or all the way off.

It is Stuck.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Take a small screwdriver and go in the back of it. There's a little tab (the sear) that the firing pin catch is hanging up on. Release that with the jewelers screwdriver.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SUCCESS!!!

Thanks guys.

Mine actually goes back together more easily when I don't push down on the barrel hood during reassembly.

First range time is Tuesday.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It seems lots of people are having this issue with new PT's. My previous PT145 (Gen 2) never had this reassembly issue, even when brand new. What is more strange, is that it took me about 100 tries to get my new PT145 together THE FIRST time, but after it finally went together, I no longer needed to press on the barrel or try any other tricks. Now, it goes together super easy. I did it maybe ten times in a row after the initial hang-up.

This is very strange. ???

Unfrtuantely...I'll be waiting a few weeks to get her back from Taurus. Nothing like sending your new pistol back the day after you buy it.

·
6,541 Posts
jetdriver said:
Unfrtuantely...I'll be waiting a few weeks to get her back from Taurus. Nothing like sending your new pistol back the day after you buy it.
Or the day of ... only to get it back and it do the same thing again! This is when I realized it was something I was doing. Oh well ... I learned from the experience. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Flyer,

Honestly I was sitting there contemplating your post and I just started cycling (as much as it would move) as fast as I could. It released.

I then did the reassembly pushing down on the hood of the barrel and it happened again. I got it back off the same way.

So I reassembled it without pushing on the hood and it worked perfect.

All safety checks are positive, but I am sure when it got stuck again many on the board could, from a distance, hear a few choice words :mad:.

This pistol has SO much going for it: ergos, capacity, price and I have no doubt that performance will be right in line.

Now about that leather, hmmm.

·
6,541 Posts
Texshooter said:
All safety checks are positive, but I am sure when it got stuck again many on the board could, from a distance, hear a few choice words :mad:.
LOL .... I feel your pain!

The day I got mine, I tried to clean it up and never got the slide off. It got hung like that. I took it back to the dealer, they sent it off to Taurus for a 6 week vacation. The day I got it back, I took it home and tried it agian. I'll be darned if the same thing didn't happen! A few choice words, some pounding, and finagling, all was well and I felt like an idiot for sending it off for no reason to start with.

·
Registered
11 Posts
cantshoot4crap said:
I got mine on by squeezing the trigger, and holding it all the way in.
i do the same to remove/install the slide on my 24/7 .40 in order to clean. It did take me a few minutes to figure it out the first time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts