Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick note to introduce myself.

I live in North Central Kentucky. Married. 2 Children.

I own a Taurus PT 92. It is my first and only handgun. I also own a Mossberg 590 and a Browning Magnum Auto 5. Both in 12 gauge.

I really like my PT92. It is my CCW gun. I bought it new in about 2002 and have yet to have any problems with it. It's been a great gun. I am considering trading it for a new 24/7 Pro but haven't yet made that move.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Welcome!

I own a 24/7 Pro 9mm and a Beretta 92FS, if I were you I would keep the PT92. Don't get me wrong I love the 24/7, (Mine over 1k rounds and no fail to fire or feeding issues) but I just think the 92 is just a better weapon overall. So I wouldn't trade it.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Kentuckian, glad to have you with us. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!!

Bubba said:
Welcome!

I own a 24/7 Pro 9mm and a Beretta 92FS, if I were you I would keep the PT92. Don't get me wrong I love the 24/7, (Mine over 1k rounds and no fail to fire or feeding issues) but I just think the 92 is just a better weapon overall. So I wouldn't trade it.
I use it as my CC weapon and it is just a bit too heavy in my opinion. (I bought without CCW in mind) From what I can tell, the 24/7 is about a pound lighter than the 92. So I hope that will help.

Believe me, if I had the extra $350 or so to spend on it, I'd keep them both. :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yea, there is definitely a huge weight difference. In that case i would consider the 24/7 compact or the PT111.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
A warm welcome from Tulsa Oklahoma! :)

·
Administrator
39,881 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

Where are all these Kentuckians coming from? ;D

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome from Missouri !!

·
Registered
325 Posts
me and you have done some talking on here back and forth a time or two. dont think ive ever said hello and welcome though. i enjoy the majority of your topics that you start. and your sence of humor...haha. anyways, welcome and hello mr venkman.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts