Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

First post on the forum. Actually first time I have ever seen the forum. I have been looking at picking up the Taurus Pt1911 for some time. I actually had one on hold roughly a year ago and backed out and bought the M&P40. It was my first handgun ever purchased and I was reading alot of bad press on the PT at the time. However, I'm back and ready to pull the trigger.

Myself, I am a firefighter/paramedic full time for about 13 years now. I am big into hunting, mostly hunt everything with a bow. I took a interest into handguns when I was assigned and selected to be a medic on local SWAT team. Up till that point, if I couldn't hunt with it, it wasn't worth owning. So now, that I shoot atleast once a month at training and shoot some here and there on my own. I want to get the gun I have always said I would own, the 1911. And the Taurus seems to foot the bill.

Regards

Travis

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Don't have a 1911 myself! But other guns led me here. I now have the 2 taurus, and a Rossi "made by Taurus". You can tell what by the signature, So Welcome aboard from the KY contingent, Horse Country!!

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Well I can truly welcome you aboard! Glad to see that the Swat has their own gun toting medic. I worked at CVG, for the last three years of my career, I retired 2 years ago, and was raised here in the NKY area, MANY years ago.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Fire_Medic said:
Thanks for again for the welcome neighbor!!!

Maybe see you around sometime!
That would be entirely up to you! I have worked online so long, that I would never offer to meet, but would enjoy it if the opportunity arose.

Being retired has some benefits, But I use computers for everything, and work at some online sites on the net to keep busy, when I am not taking care of our horses.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome from Missouri !! Get that new gun ordered !!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us.
I received my first (and only) ticket coming back from Columbus and passing through Cincinnati into Florence back in 1999. :D

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Best Wishes

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hello Kentucky.

·
Administrator
40,090 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave: :yipee: :clap: :thumb:

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Welcome From Arizona :wave:

Glad that you are here..look around and have fun :D
Sounds like a good choice and you have your own section for 1911.
I was a reserve Firefighter/EMT, gave it up about 7 years ago..You never stop missing it :)
Definitly cool about a SWAT medic, sounds like fun

·
Registered
846 Posts
Welcome.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts