Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been freeloading on this forum for a while and thought it was about time I registered.

I've got the three Taurus handgun and really like them, although my PT 1911SS is currently vacationing in Miami on Taurus's dime. Group size at 25 yards ranged from 8 inches to about 24 inches while shooting from sandbags. The 185 JHP grouped "best" with WWB 230 FMJ spraying all over the target.

The slide seems excessively loose, the barrel is .006 inch smaller than the ID of the bushing and the bolt face has a vertical ridge under the ejecter that leaves a dent in the fired case. Other than that it looks great and functions perfectly taking everything I feed it.

Does anyone else have a sloppy barrel/bushing fit?

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Hey! A warm welcome from Tulsa Oklahoma!
I hope Taurus repairs your 1911SS with satisfaction. ;D

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard, glad you could join us. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

·
Super Moderator
21,610 Posts
Welcome from Nashville TN. My pt1911 shot great out of the box even with blazer brass 230 FMJ
I was 6" at 25 yrds two hand hold with a few called flyers. You'll enjoy it when you get back :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome from Missouri !!

·
Administrator
40,090 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Welcome from just north of where your pistol is vacationing. Great folks and lots of info. Used to live just south of the border, (in Illinois). :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all for the welcome to the forum.

JR: You wouldn't be a Bears fan would you? The Bears got a big break when Farve retired. I'm sure they will have something for the Packers when they meet again.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Another MN welcome. Mine must be a closer fit. It groups well, 3-4", at 20-25 yards. Hope your gun is much better when you get it back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts