Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I've been lurking on the board for a bit and decided it was about time to get registered and start participating. I just got my second Taurus -- a PT 24/7 Pro .40 -- for my birthday (it's actually tomorrow, so I haven't been *allowed* to shoot it yet). I'm anxious to get out there and put it to the test, though.

My first handgun was a Taurus Model 65 .357 magnum, that I've had for about 12 years now. I don't yet have my CPL, but Father's Day is coming up quick. ;D

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ickaber, it's good to have you with us. :D

Additionally, Happy Birthday and your 24/7 PRO sounds like the ideal gift. I'm anxiously awaiting the OSS version, as I know many here are, but unfortunately we'll just have to wait a little longer until the anticipated release.

·
32,566 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
There's an interesting review from 2004 of the 24/7 in .40S&W. It's at www.gunblast.com and will need to be looked up in a search or go to the archives.

If the search method is used, type in Taurus PT145 and that should bring it up for reading. Other Taurus models are also featured in other articles.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Hola There Ickaber. Welcome from the sandbar. I hope that you get many hours of joy from your new tool. It's a heck of a lot better than a Birthday Cake, and less fattening, too. :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone!

Qwiks draw, I think I found the article you were referring to here: http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus24-7.htm. After having finally gotten out to shoot the thing, I pretty well agree with everything he had to say. I've had it out a couple of times now, and have already put 200+ rounds through it. Mostly Winchester white box (165gr FMJ), but one box of Blazer Brass (180gr FMJ). It all went through flawlessly.

The only jam I've had was when I loaded up some re-loads one of the range officers thought I really needed to try. And it was just the one. Otherwise, it's been great!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts