Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I'll be joining the ranks of Taurus owners shortly.

Have been shopping on my wife's behalf for a 4" .357 "house gun" and quickly narrowed to S&W or Taurus 627. I shot both and am sold on the 627 - this first one will be "mine", but I think after my SO gets her hands on it at the range, we may have twins.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL - I agree - I've been working on my pistol collection, long guns and ammo stash.

But my wife wouldn't touch an auto and when she wanted a "snake gun" for carrying around the property, I came over to The Dark Side and picked her up a cheapo wheel gun in .22lr for shot shells. She got to be pretty handy clearing the rattlers from the garden and plinking, so when she took a class at the local range and got to shoot larger calibers revos .... well, now I think I'll have to shop for a bigger safe .......

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard Pinto, glad you could join us. The Tracker 627 is indeed a very nice, solidly built revolver with good ergonomics. Mine has digested quite a bit of hot 125 gr. and 158 gr. fodder and it still locks up as well as the day I purchased it (2nd hand at that).

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. :)

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Welcome aboard from the sandpile. I think that your choice of house gun is perfect. Versatility is it's best virtue. Light loads(.38's) to learn. Medium loads (.38+p, and light magnums) for two legged beasts. And heavier loads ( heavy .357s) for furry 4 legged beasts. And there is also snake shot if you too live in such an area.
If you haven't done so already, take the N.R.A. Safety Course.
Have fun, and stay safe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks drummin_man - You've already begun to answer the question I asked in the Ammo forum on beginning (training) loads for my SO to use in becoming proficient with the revolver.

And, yes, have, and still do take training. One of the reasons my wife has an interest in moving up in caliber is due to a Women Only monthly class at our Sportsmens club. The last session was on "House Clearing" given by LE members with airsoft in a renovated building for the purpose with "good guys", "bad guys" and use of cover/movement. I know who's going first next time we hear that "bump in the night"!!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Not sure if your wife is like mine but.. My wife also likes her guns to look "pretty" lol so she has a thing for colored frames and pink grips/frames, I have had to buy multiple guns at times. One for me and one in pink for her. I have a PT22 in stainless with White ivory grips and guess what she needed one with pink ivory grips, so she got it, I have a PT145 and she got a PT111 but in black, now they make one in pink with the stainless slide so she wants to get rid of her black PT111 for the pink one, I got a M85 and now she wants one with the pink grips, see a patturn here ;D I dont mind a bit, the more guns the better ;)

show this to your wife if she is like mine

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=80594159

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw that, MP, and I did show it to her. She cracked up - said she'd never have to fire it, just show it to the BG and they'd be ROTFLTAO until the sheriff showed up. No, she's more of a "git er done" gal and likes the looks of a black/SS gun better.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
One more thing..I think they make a black pearl grip for that series revolver, I remember seeing one at the last gun show and it was SWEET!

Your going to kill me for this but I can not remember if it was the Taurus or Smith

hey dont everyone lynch me at once

;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts