Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone!

I recently purchased, but have yet to fire, a PT-111 Mil Pro. This is my first handgun.

Though I grew up with long guns in the house, and hunted a bit when I was old enough, I don't recall anyone having handguns, with the exception of a few WWII veterans who had either service pistols or trophies from the war. In our house, you ate what you took, whether hunting or fishing. Since I wasn't crazy for game or fish, I gave up hunting but not shooting, and became a "catch and release" fisherman.

Now that I'm middle-aged (if I live to be 110 or so) I've been ticking off items on an informal and sometimes ad hoc "bucket list." Learning to safely handle and shoot a handgun is on this list... so here I am. I've learned a great deal in my time here as a lurker, and hope to continue as I learn to shoot my 111. I especially appreciate the retrained and respectful exchanges on "hot" topics, and the trove of knowledge about shooting in general and Taurus guns in particular.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
1 Smiley Hello.gif Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Hello from Central North Carolina and welcome to TaurusArmed.net. You are going to find some
friendly and knowledgeable people here.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,284 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
:wave:hi pipspal and welcome. good to have you here.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Howdy, and welcome aboard, from Dallas, TX!

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Hello, everyone!

I recently purchased, but have yet to fire, a PT-111 Mil Pro. This is my first handgun.

Though I grew up with long guns in the house, and hunted a bit when I was old enough, I don't recall anyone having handguns, with the exception of a few WWII veterans who had either service pistols or trophies from the war. In our house, you ate what you took, whether hunting or fishing. Since I wasn't crazy for game or fish, I gave up hunting but not shooting, and became a "catch and release" fisherman.

Now that I'm middle-aged (if I live to be 110 or so) I've been ticking off items on an informal and sometimes ad hoc "bucket list." Learning to safely handle and shoot a handgun is on this list... so here I am. I've learned a great deal in my time here as a lurker, and hope to continue as I learn to shoot my 111. I especially appreciate the retrained and respectful exchanges on "hot" topics, and the trove of knowledge about shooting in general and Taurus guns in particular.

Thanks!
Hi there and congratulations on your PT111.

I think you'll be well pleased with your decision.

·
Registered
27,818 Posts
:wave: Welcome, and enjoy your new gun.
But...

restrained?? I know some of us have been feeling a mite poorly lately, but we'll get better.

·
Administrator
40,357 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
29,958 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunsShine" state. :icon_ lala:

State of over "1 MILLION" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico, glad to have you.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Welcome from Pittsburgh! So I have to ask.....Being from CENTRAL PA......
Penguins or Flyers?
Steelers or Eagles?
8)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts