Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Taurus fans. I am not new to guns having shot all my life and now with a variety of long guns, but am now in the market for a concealed carry gun. I know my next gun will be a Taurus. They have won me over with price, features and warranty. So now the hard question, which one to get? I am leaning toward three. The pt709, pt111 and the TCP. I love the feel of the pt111 and it's capacity. The TCP would be super easy to conceal (very important for me) and it is inexpensive. The pt709 seems to split the difference but I wonder if it is a compromise best not made. It is not that smaller than a pt111, it's almost as expensive as a pt111 and the capacity is not much greater than the TCP (although I do like 9mm over 380) What are everyone's thoughts? I would love to hear from the experts.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Welcome from South Tulsa. You will soon get plenty of comments pertaining to your choices of Taurus pistols! ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I love my PT145. Compact .45 that hold 10 + 1 in the chamber. :guns:

IMG_0622.jpg

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from Texas

·
Registered
29,957 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state.

State of over "1 MILLION 120 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Welcome from Texas!
Don't forget the PT740, the slim in 40 S&W.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Administrator
40,276 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

Just my 2cents worth, but I'd take the PT111. Of the three, it's capacity and caliber are important.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

Just my 2cents worth, but I'd take the PT111. Of the three, it's capacity and caliber are important.

For about $350, this 9mm in SS is a sharp firearm!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky!

·
Registered
24,853 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
1 Smiley Hello.gif Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
Wow! Thanks for the quick and warm welcomes. I have considered the .45 and .40 cal versions and am open to the option.
Welcome from north Texas!

I have the PT 740 and in my case, I love it (It's still new, I've only put about 200 rounds through it). She is a bit feisty and lets you know she is there when she goes bang. :D But she has been reliable (not even one issue feeding or ejecting) and she hits where I point her. In my opinion the 740 is perfect for a small self defense pistol.

Being as you are in Texas and could possibly be close to an Academy, they have them for $299.99.

I'd recommend it.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Dallas!
I carry a 709 myself, but any of those are great choices.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts