Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am from Sugar Land, TX. I am an enthusiast who owns several assorted pieces - including my newest edition, a Taurus PT-145. I have been pursuing my CHL since early April (taking the class, submitting the paperwork, etc.) and am waiting for the DPS to finish processing my application (yes, it is common for it to take this long). While I wait, I have been looking for the best CCW option. I had settled on the new Ruger LCP, but reconsidered after reading several articles by the pros about recommended CC options. Nearly all of them recommended something heftier for a primary CCW that a .380. As a result, I ended up owning my first Taurus. I am a dedicated Ruger man at heart, but couldn't pass up the super sub-compact, punch packing PT-145. In the process of doing my research on the PT-145, I found a Shooting Times article from 2000 when Taurus debuted the new line that showed a picture of the PT-145 in Titanium. Would anybody happen to know if Taurus put any of these into production? Obviously, they moved ahead with the 9mm, but evidently, chose to deep six the .45 cal version. What was the reason for this? The PT-145 in Titanium would have been interesting weapon, to say the least. Thanks for any feedback.

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from Dallas. You've made a good choice in your CCW, I too own a PT145 and love it as my soon-to-be carry gun....I've sent my ccw in also and I am waiting on it.

Not sure about the PT145 titanium, the Taurus catalog is an evolution of guns that have been discontinued, re-issued, discontinued again.......I don't think any such beast is being created today, just in the 9mm. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they did have a production run of them for a couple of years though.

·
Administrator
40,396 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

I'm also a very satisfied owner of the PT145, and use it for concealed carry daily. :thumb:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcom from South Carolina

I own a PT145 as my carry weapon. I don't know about the Titanium PT145 I've never seen one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. :) Good to be on-board. In case anyone was curious, I actually dug up an electronic copy of the article from Shooting Times (December, 2000) online. It has been re-published online here:

http://hunting.about.com/od/guns/l/aasttaurpt145_2.htm

If you read down to paragraph 6, you can see where the .45 cal in Titanium (PT-145T) is mentioned - there's even a picture of it, a bit further down the page. If I'm not mistaken, this was one of the first (if not thee first) article ever on the "then" new Millennium line. From the looks of it, Taurus had every intention of producing it, but (for whatever reason), deep-six'd it at the last moment. It would be interesting to know what happened to it and why it was pulled? I'm going to try calling Taurus next week (for sh*t's and grins) to see if I can find anything out. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again, everyone...have a great Father's Day weekend.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.

Taurus sometimes will produce prototypes of different firearms and actually never put them into production.
The PT145 Titanium happens to be one of those firearms. I believe that the whole Millenium line was slated to be produced in Titanium but only the PT111 came to fruition.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed, glad you could join us.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Psidrop1...

Welcome to the forums....... thanks for joining, and thanks for giving us some info on the .45 you carry...... I love the .45, however, for myself it's too large for a CCW, I will stick to the .40 S&W for this purpose. As for anything else, I'm retired military and the .45 is my favorite round ever......

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome psidrop1 from Manila, Philippines! ;)

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
psidrop1, welcome to Taurus Armed from VEGAS!

I have the PT-145 and I just got the Ruger LCP. The PT-145 is still what I carry most. So much power in such a small package. The LCP is a nice lite gun for when the wife and I do our 3 miles in the morning.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts