Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[HR][/HR]Well I just purchased a Taurus PT 140 G2.

Hello fellow Taurus-ters. I needed to replace my current CCW which was a Ruger LCP. Don't get me wrong it was a great little gun that you could drop in your pocket and go. Hougue grips, CT Laser the works. Being the forgetful person that I am I used to go thru a mental checklist every time I was getting ready to go out.

I needed four things.
  1. Wallet
  2. Cell Phone
  3. Keys
  4. weapon

It's a little more complicated now with holsters and all and clothing that will not let the weapon print. The reason for my change was that I was reading bad things about the .380 being a 'weak' bullet, and the LCP didn't hold enough rounds for my liking.

So I just wanted to say hello and I will be go to the range on Wednesday. The owner of the LGS where I purchased the gun threw in a box of 25 C.O.P. solid copper hollow point 155 gr. bullets. C.O.P. stands for Copper Only Projectiles and the box said these bullets are perfect for law-enforcement and better for the environment.

I'll probably try to pick up a bulk box at Walmart or somewhere. I'll let you know how it goes.

P.S. I love the gun! It fits my smaller hands, takedown is so easy, safety on trigger and on frame, no mag disconnect safety, chambered indicator, rail, price, warranty. We'll see how it shoots. I am curious if there are any tritium night sights available for this model. The front sight is not dovetailed, it looks like it's been glued in or something. Do they make a night sight that fits over the front sight? Or is that not practical...

Thanks for reading if you're still with me...
Keith

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
​Welcome to the Forum from Gulf Coast Florida!

·
Registered
18,577 Posts
:smile: Hi and welcome from nw PA!!!

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
From one Pittsburgh guy to another, welcome to TA n'at!

The West Mifflin Wal-Mart is a good place to pick up ammo, they're usually pretty stocked on .40 S&W. Avoid the Winchester White Box bulk rounds if they're there, it may give you problems in a gun that isn't broken in yet as those rounds tend to be under-powered in most cases.

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Welcome from Dallas, TX!

·
Registered
24,539 Posts
Welcome to TA fro Minnesota.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
to the forum from the Florida Keys! :wave:​

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Fort Worth

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Welcome from North Central Florida!!

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
mouse_sweeping_welcome.gif From Northeast Florida!

·
Administrator
39,486 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
29,861 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine"state.

State of "1 MILLION 150 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts