Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Don and I live in Oklahoma City. Spending the spring dodging tornados. I have several firearms but only one Taurus, a PT1911. It isn't my first 1911, I went through several back in the mid '80s shooting IPSC. I am 54 years old and have been shooting regularly since I was around 8 years old. I am an NRA certified rifle instructor (did that so I could teach marksmanship to Boy Scouts when my sons were involved). I have really enjoyed the PT1911 which my wonderful wife of 34 years gave me for Christmas last year. I posted pictures of a couple of targets that I shot with this PT1911 in the 1911 area under "show us your PT1911" This is hands down the most accurate centerfire pistol I have ever owned or fired. It's truly amazing in that regard. One hole groups offhand at 12 yards if I do my job. It's been completely reliable in every way so far. What more could you ask for?

I have been looking at some of the other Taurus products, primarily for my wife. We have both applied for CCW permits here in Oklahoma and are waiting for them to process. I have some questions as to what might work best for her and will post questions in the appropriate area.

Looking forward to communicating with the group.

Don

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Hello - welcome from StL. MO!!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Hello Don and and welcome to TA.net.

I'm not too far from you in Amarillo.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Hello from Central North Carolina and welcome to TaurusArmed.net! You are going to find some
friendly and knowledgeable people here. Oklahoma does seem to have a bullseye drawn on it when
it comes to tornadoes. The Severe Weather Prediction Center is located there for a good reason!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Don, welcome from Pennsylvania. Glad to hear your PT1911 is doing its job and you have been successful dodging tornados.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
My name is Don and I live in Oklahoma City. Spending the spring dodging tornados. I have several firearms but only one Taurus, a PT1911. It isn't my first 1911, I went through several back in the mid '80s shooting IPSC. I am 54 years old and have been shooting regularly since I was around 8 years old. I am an NRA certified rifle instructor (did that so I could teach marksmanship to Boy Scouts when my sons were involved). I have really enjoyed the PT1911 which my wonderful wife of 34 years gave me for Christmas last year. I posted pictures of a couple of targets that I shot with this PT1911 in the 1911 area under "show us your PT1911" This is hands down the most accurate centerfire pistol I have ever owned or fired. It's truly amazing in that regard. One hole groups offhand at 12 yards if I do my job. It's been completely reliable in every way so far. What more could you ask for?

I have been looking at some of the other Taurus products, primarily for my wife. We have both applied for CCW permits here in Oklahoma and are waiting for them to process. I have some questions as to what might work best for her and will post questions in the appropriate area.

Looking forward to communicating with the group.

Don

Good evening, Don, and welcome to the forum.

We are always pleased when a new member comes aboard.

Three of my Taurus concealed carry guns are the PT740 Slim (.40 S&W), which is also available in the PT709 Slim (9mm); the new Taurus Millennium G2 PT111 (9mm); and the Taurus M605 .357 Mag snubbie (which, of course, will fire .38 Special rounds). I currently carry the Millennium G2, but I can give a hearty recommendation for any of these three handguns.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome from Southeast Tennessee;;

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Yellow Facial expression Emoticon Text Smile Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Bixby, Oklahoma.

·
Registered
24,943 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Welcome from Texas!