Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
10610497_10152655081470033_671577439824990257_n.jpg New member from Norway, interested in almost all sort of gun`s , my current gun`s are Taurus PT92C, Mauser K98 sporterized, Remington Rand 1911 A1 from 1944, S&W Higway Patrolman 357 magnum, Krag Jørgensen rebuilt for competition by Kongsberg armory in the fifties, and a couple of shotguns i live in a small town called Halden a few kilometers from the swedish border...…
Edit, just got me a New Ruger 10/22 today ;)

·
Registered
19,567 Posts
:smile: Hi and welcome aboard from northwest Pennsylvania!!! :hello:

Reactions: Knigge

·
Registered
24,899 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota yah sure!!!

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Administrator
40,385 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :hand26:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Welcome from the cradle of US Liberty, Philadelphia. I have a an old Marine Corps buddy whose some is in the Marines. he recently came back fro being deployed in Norway. He said the people were great and some of the nicest he has met on a variety of deployments.
Welcome aboard. This is a good place to be.

just noticed there is another new member here from Norway. His thread is at
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/pt92-other-taurus-pistols/394923-new-member-norway-pt92c.html

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Hello and welcome from Indiana! Sounds like you have some nice firearms there. I am curious to how your gun laws work there in Norway, so if you get the chance, fill me in! Thank you.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Howdy from Plano, Tx! I would also be interested in how the gun laws work in Norway. I know we could just Google them but always best to hear from someone local!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thank you very much for the warm welcome, Norwegian gun law`s ….well it`s a bit different from the american one, first of all you have to excuse me for misspelling and bad grammar ..to buy a handgun you must first be a active member in a gun Club for at least 6 month`s before you can apply for a gun, you must have a clean record...it takes usually one to Three month`s before the papers Clear and as a "recruit" you can obtain 4 gun`s, …..the tricky part is that the gun`s you buy must class in under a specific type of competition. The most common competition is what we Call "Field shooting" 22lr is used in a class we Call "fin" or fine calibre….32 to 38 is "grov" or medium calibre, …. miltary class is semi auto only , 9mm, and last one is revolver...32 to 45, we also have "special class" for snubbies and Pocket pistols and magnum class..mag1 357 and mag 44, if you are active in competitions you can legally own 8 guns...if you are extremely active you can apply for a spare gun for ever class...total of 16 guns.
if you`r in to PPC and Three gun competition the list becoms even longer AND you can buy a AR15 for competition.

For long guns you must either be a member of a rifle Club and be active in competition here or you can take a two day "hunting class" to become a certified hunter, then you can own 8 rifles/shotguns, very few semi auto rifles are allowed for hunting here, RUGER Mini14 is now on a red list ,because that was the type of rifle Anders Behring Breivik (the Norwegian terrorist) used when he killed all those kids a few years back. There are over 900 legally owned Mini14 here in Norway and the owners have to sell them out of the country or hand them in in about Three years when the New Law becomes active…….hope this was understandable...if you have moore questions , just ask

Here is a youtube video from a competition in the revolver class, all stages have different targets, allwas more than one and different distance and time to shoot

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Welcome aboard from Missouri! Sounds like you have some fun toys there to play with!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts