Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Jared and I currently live in Michigan. I am in the US Air Force and will be moving again in July. Currently it looks like I will be going to New Mexico or Colorado (hoping for Colorado, but I have a bad feeling I will be going to New Mexico). I just bought a brand new Taurus 738 TCP from bud's for $188 shipped. I wanted a pistol that would be easy to carry in shorts and a t-shirt for summer months and after seeing the amazing price I couldn't pass it up. Currently I have a Beretta PX4 Storm .40 full size, S&W M&P .40 compact, and the Taurus TCP.

With the price being so good on the TCP it was the new packaging that only comes with one magazine. Does anyone know where I can get another TCP magazine for cheap? Gander Mountain has them here for $30 + tax...is that the best I'm going to find? I have found them online for around $20, but shipping makes it $30+

Thanks and I'm going to try getting my 25 posts so I can access the for sale forum and maybe find a mag. :)

Take care,
Jared

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Welcome. Check out Bullocks in Flint they seem to have the best prices around this area....

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
Welcome from north Texas!

Hey it could be worse than NM... Why not Minot?... :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome. Check out Bullocks in Flint they seem to have the best prices around this area....
Thank you for the lead on that. I just called them and they don't have any for the TCP :(

I guess I could call William's Gun Sight, but I honestly can't stand the people that work there and even the manager is a rude ... jerk. I tend to order my stuff online most of the time because prices are typically much better. I already ordered me a Desantis Nemesis inside the pocket holster from Amazon for like $21 shipped.

Do you live around here in the Flint area as well?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Greetings my friend from Battle Creek, and welcome to the forum.
Thank you for your service to our country.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome from north Texas!

Hey it could be worse than NM... Why not Minot?... :D
That is true...but after looking up Alamogordo, NM on the map there isn't much there lol. There is a missile test range on one side of the base and an Indian reserve on the other side. Life goes on though I suppose. The cool thing is that Holloman AFB is one of like 20 bases that sell firearms on base so that is pretty cool. There is even a range on base you can use from what I have discovered in my research. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Greetings my friend from Battle Creek, and welcome to the forum.
Thank you for your service to our country.
Thank you for yours as well. I'm currently an Air Force recruiter in Flint, but my four year mark is in July and I will finally be finished with it. :) Back to the real Air Force I go soon!

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Welcome from East Texas.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Thank you for the lead on that. I just called them and they don't have any for the TCP :(

I guess I could call William's Gun Sight, but I honestly can't stand the people that work there and even the manager is a rude ... jerk. I tend to order my stuff online most of the time because prices are typically much better. I already ordered me a Desantis Nemesis inside the pocket holster from Amazon for like $21 shipped.

Do you live around here in the Flint area as well?
A little further north around the Frankenmuth area.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A little further north around the Frankenmuth area.
Oh nice. I was up there a couple times in the last month when I had some family in town. My girlfriend and I want to go and see the ice sculptures towards the end of the month as well. At least it is getting colder now so they don't melt lol.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
If you need a good place to shoot try this; www.advanceranges.com in Flint. They have dozens of rental firearms and inexpensive ammo too. 1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you need a good place to shoot try this; www.advanceranges.com in Flint. They have dozens of rental firearms and inexpensive ammo too. View attachment 19586
I have been there two times and both were on days where the MGO forum paid the lane costs. Nice range, but they wouldn't let me shoot my mosin nagant lol. I still haven't shot the thing and I bought a 440 round spam can of ammo for it as well. One day I will shoot the beast. I hate how much ranges cost here...I'm used to paying $5 for an all day pass at a nice range in Oklahoma, but that was a military/LEO price... :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome aboard and thank you for protecting our freedom!
You're very welcome. I love what I do and can't see me doing anything else in the near future so hopefully the Air Force keeps me around a while longer lol. I hit my eight year mark in November.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky! Just keep looking for a mag on various sites and one will pop up for a good price!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts