Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a very new owner of a new 24/7PRO 45 w/12rd mags. So new that FedEx is still holding it and I'll have to wait until Monday to get it from my dealer. :)

I waited 62 years to get my first handgun (a Kahr K-9 that a neighbor sold me, for a lot less than its worth, just to get me hooked). ;D Well, after about a month and a half and 300 rds at the range, I decided it was about time to get a "big-boy" caliber gun, but still at a reasonable price.

Davidson's Gallery of Guns had an assortment of 24/7PROs on a weekly special, but I hesitated a day or two and by the time I checked they showed "sold out". I double checked the next morning, and I guess somebody canceled an order, because now it showed one left in stainless. Now it's mine. Including shipping and 6% for the governor, it was only $369. out the door. I think I did good. :D

This forum helped me a lot in deciding to get a Taurus. Hope to be talking with you more, soon.

·
32,785 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Yes, you did well on the aquisition. :)

Now for the hard part. :) Taking the gun apart to field strip it and give it a cleaning. And lube also.Then take it and and shoot. :) That's the hard part.... and fun, too.

Getting used to the trigger will take some practice, plus experience( I realize the Kahr gives you some knowledge on this) and is going to be a bit different than the Kahr's. Different models. Different gun performance. :)

Please read the FAQs if not done already.Covers a lot of ground with useful info.

We'd like to hear how things go at the range for you and the gun.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I always wondered what people had to get use to, in regards to the trigger? I have both the DAO and the newer SA/DA and really never noticed anything unusual? DAO was about the same as a nicely tuned revolver and the SA/DA was nearly the same as my PT92? Granted I still did an action job on all of them anyway, but thats just me doing what I do :)

·
32,785 Posts
Reports on all the similar DAO triggers show there each type,Kahr, SIGs DAK, Taurus' SA/DA, H&K's LEM,S&W M&P trigger, are all unique and have their own charactersitics to get used to. All seem to behave just a hair differently for each example of the same brand. At least to hear the members here and the gun writers tell things.

Since that is true I kind of take the liberty to add that in many posts. Have to shift mindset somewhat for each type and learn the vagaries of each type. No big deal. Just has to be done. :)

DRAEGER 's right. If one concentrates on the matters at hand the rest should take care of itself.

Big D is one of our inhouse gunsmiths if you couldn't tell by now. ;D ::) He's as good as they get.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard, glad you could join us. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Best Wishes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts