Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first Taurus, PT 609. It is also my first pistol, I have been shooting revolvers. I could use some solid advise on cleaning the gun. I have the video on breakdown, but what is the best stuff to use to clean it, and any techniques more experienced Taurus users have picked up would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! I think you can search the threads and read some good posts of proper care. Lots of folks use losts of different solvents and oil, even car paste wax and brass cleaner. I know I got the paste wax and brass polish tips off of these threads.

·
Registered
31,917 Posts
Welcome from the driest, flattest, most treeless and sand blowingest place in the world, Lubbock, TX.

We are some of the friendliest folks with the most beautiful women....we just can't smile on the days when the wind blows the sand around!

Reactions: bmbroker

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico,there are a lot of cleaners available, I like Hoppes #9. It smells good and cleans very well. I use an old toothbrush to clean everything really good, followed by a brass brush in the bore followed by cotton clothes until they are clean. Then I apply a light coat of oil and wipe it off.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Administrator
39,737 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Hello and Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Registered
29,905 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state.

What ever you use to clesn your revolvers will work well on your semiauto.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky!

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Welcome from East Texas.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan.:wave: