Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. For a while I have been lurking at times and find this forum to be relaxed and friendly. I guess it is time for a short introduction.

The wife and I live in an unincorporated area of the Katy Independent School District, Fort Bend County, Texas. My vocation is being an IT Systems Engineer at a Data Center in downtown Houston. Avocations are photography and playing with those "evil" devices that, through the rapid expansion of hot gases, propel small objects at high velocity to impact selected targets at various distances.

A few of my devices are a PT1911, a Kimber Custom II, a Smith & Wesson M&P 15, and a Remington 870.

Specific to this forum is the PT1911 purchased about two years ago. It is my first Taurus. I bought it because it seemed to nicely priced version of the 1911 .45ACP. I've put about 6000 rounds of various types of gun food through it with no significant problems. I eliminated the ambi safety, replaced a loose ejector, and put some decent stocks on it. Other than that it has been rack and fire every time. One can't ask for more than that.

I am looking forward to reading the experiences of those with other Taurus semi-autos. I am investigating what might be nice as a CCW (My application is somewhere in Austin. I've never fired a plastic piece but am looking at some interesting Taurus options that are lighter than a full size government model.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
JimT, welcome to Taurus Armed from VEGAS!

·
Administrator
40,374 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Welcome from the KY, Horse Country!! Well lighter, HMM!! 24/7, Mil Pro's, 5 rd revolvers in all metals. You got some options and lots to check out here.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
JimT, welcome from southwest Virginia!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome Sir from South Carolina.

·
Registered
136 Posts
NW Houston here... 290/Beltway 8 area.

Single (new) gun owner - PT111MilPro .. (9mm)..
(OK, I'm not really single; I just own the 'single' gun!) :)

Think I'm finally ready to take the CHL course - wish I hadn't waited ( the backlog in TX is getting longer by the day!) - but I had to be sure of my competency ( & confidence!)

Welcome!! Enjoy!! ( of course I'd recommend the Millenium Pro for your CCW - it's a great, reliable compact 'device', as you say.. they 'propel' various sizes of objects, too - 9, .40, .45, I think even a .380?)

Tim

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard, glad you could join us. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Super Moderator
21,799 Posts
Welcome from Nashville TN have fun and enjoy

·
22,058 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Griffin Ga.

How do you like the M&P 15? I like the M&P pistols but have not heard anything about the AR.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.Net from Manila!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Welcome from Oregon

1 - 19 of 19 Posts