Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a member for a short time but I have not introduced my self. I am a 58 year old ex-Police Officer and have been married to my wife and bestest friend for 38 years. Just recently we got involved in .22 caliber rifle bullseye shooting and from this I talked her into shooting handguns. I saw videos of IDPA and USPCA shooting and thought we might like to do this together, so I started looking for handguns that we could carry for CCW and to use for the match shooting. I found your site and read many threads on Taurus pistols. After reading many reviews, I decided on a Taurus Mil Pro PT-145. I bought this gun and have fired many rounds thru it...LOVE it. My wife shoots it as well, and she is able to keep all of her shots in the kill zone at 15 yards. I then decided that the recoil of this gun might just be too much for a competition shoot for her, so I bought her a Mil Pro PT-111. She has not shot it as of yet, but I am sure the recoil will be more manageable for her. She is getting her CCW permit (Lifetime) and will carry this gun. We call her Annie Oakley ;) because she out shoots us with the rifles. Incidently, my sign in name came from the fact that I ran security at a Yogi Bear Jellystone camp ground for some time, and held the position of Ranger 1 so I started using Yogibooranger for a sign on on the computer and it just stuck. I love this site and visit it everyday and thanks to all who maintain this site.

·
22,050 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Griffin Ga.

My son and I shoot IPSC, USPSA and steel. Big fun.

Glad to have you here.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
A big Bluegrass welcome. Glad you could join us, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
117 Posts
welcomr from WV

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Yo Yogi, a big welcome from Tulsa Oklahoma! :)

·
Administrator
39,913 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
yogiboobooranger, welcome to Taurus Armed from Vegas! I have a PT145, too, and it is my main CCW. You out score me in the marriage department by about 5 years. Good going!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts