Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings and salutations everyone. I have visited this site several times and finally decided to join. I hope to gain some knowledge and share whatever I can contribute. Along my short 49 years I have owned several Taurus pistols. (2) PT 92's, a PT 99 alloy, a Md 94 in 22 mag and finally a PT 111. Unfortunately these, among others were all sold along the line for several reasons (mostly financial) ouch.
Never had any problems with the 92's or 99. The 111 I had to just sell, couldn't pick up my sight picture fast enough to my liking, no issues with the gun itself, just the operator. The 94 that I bought for the wife was problematic out the gate. Timing and trigger hang up issues. Sent it back to Taurus. 2 months later we get it back. Ran fine afterwards but in the end the wife just didn't care for it.
So 2 1/2 years ago I picked up a used PT 1911 in 9mm. Orig. owner had the round count @ 500 or so. Always having loved that platform, my favorite as a matter of fact (6 previous, all different manufactures) thought I would go back to my addiction and give the Taurus JMB 's rendition a try. No disappointments to speak of so far other than the poor finish (didn't really bother me) and the mag well that wasn't beveled (Hmmm). So I took out my trusty file set and started with the mag well. Then came the trigger guard undercut, and memory groves on the grip safety. Well that snowballed into the Frankenstein it is today. (I will try to post a picture next). My apologies to the purist in advance, but please bear in mind that the entire pistol has 100% of it's original parts, with the 3000+ rds I have fired though it. Although I have to add one more mod thus it will be almost all Taurus sans the EGW "blank" that will be put on by years end. . . . . . I hope.
Thanks for taking the time to read my lengthy intro/ramblings. Cheers.

·
Registered
21,103 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
mouse_sweeping_welcome.gif From Northeast Florida!

·
Administrator
39,375 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Hello, from Mississippi's Number One Taurus fan.:D

This is a superb forum where everything from Taurus handguns to pizza recipes are discussed; and even the occasional political observation is proffered by some of our resident political analysts.

Jump right in join in the discussions, and help us make a great forum even better.

·
Supporting Moderator
14,827 Posts

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Welcome from North Central Florida!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First and foremost, thank you for all your years of service sir. Handguns; Yes. Pizza; More please. Politics; Cause me fits and gives me headaches, therefore I'm trying to cut back.:D

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome from Southeast Tennessee;;

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Hello from StL. MO!! :cool:

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
welcome form north Texas!

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
1 Smiley Hello.gif Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Welcome to the club!

NC Icon.jpg

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Welcome from StL. MO!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts