Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently picked up a model 85 ultra-lite(replaced my smith model 66 for concealed carry) and a gaucho ss 357 with the 5.5" bbl for my cowboy shoots. Waitin on the 1911's ( seems Taurus has increased their price) to go back down in price, and trying to get a model 731 .

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Welcome to the boards. Glad to have you along. :)

I would imagine it's the shops that are raising prices on the 1911's. They seem to be hard to come by and are flying off the shelves when they are there.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Welcome! Glad you found us!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My shop showed me last years Dec. 2006 dealer price compared to this years Jan 2007 price- up about $50.00 from the wholesale company. Not much of a jump, but I'd Like it better $50 cheaper.

·
32,586 Posts
Welcome to the forum Brad. Have an older 85CH. Neat little revolvers. I think I've seen you around the internet at other sites? Haunt the High Road or Firing Line per chance? Maybe I am way off. If so disregard. Glad to have you aboard.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You are living my dream... I am originally from eastern South Carolina (coastal) and I now live in Texas. I have always wanted to live in eastern Kentucky. Not sure why, just always wanted too.. It's a really nice area.

Todd

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope haven't been ther that often . Ky. is a nice, relaxed place to live, though I do love the southern N.C. area( south of Wilmington), never been to the S.C. state.Only one thing to live here- must LOVE U.K. or U. of L. football and basketball regiously.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I would be interested to know if for one ... that is his 'actual' cost sheet. I also wonder if that is factory direct or if it's from a middle man, who could be raising the prices on demand.

·
32,586 Posts
Pick up a copy of Gun Lists. It is a periodical like Shotgun News. There are many adds for guns being sold at the gun store owners prices from the disributor before the major markup gun stores put on them. It has retail and wholesale prices. It really opens one's eyes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this was a very large wholesaler catalog. We also looked up the other brands- looks about the same across the board- small increases on most pistols, a little bigger on most rifles. also my shop only charges 10 % extra after shipping. Not bad for me paying $30.00 on a $300.00 total pistol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yep, qwiks draw- but if you have a good gun shop that you have bought multiple guns from- the owners should at least show you what he's got in the thing .

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Greetings from Louisville and welcome. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts