Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this site. Purchased a PT 92 AF as a plinking gun and was very impressed. I have a Glock ,XD, Kel Tec's and S&W 629 but my next purchase will be a 44 Tracker in 4". This PT 92 is so cool that if I decide to go into IDPA this will be my starter kit.
I am waiting on my 2nd CHL to come in and mostly carry a P3AT and G27 at other times. I hope this board pics up.

Dennis

·
Registered
790 Posts
Welcome aboard. Brand New site, only 2 days old. Enjoy!

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
How do you like the XD? I almost bought one instead of my PT145. I'd still like to have one, but the safeties are a little 'unfamiliar' to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Flyer,
I purchased an early 9mm, 4" with chrome slide and it worked well. The glock and T92 seem to site in the same and the XD I had to cover the target. The XD is up on the trade block and it is not becuase of the safeties, I kind of like the grip override. The thing is thick for any kind of carry and the PT is it's replacement for plinking.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hello Dennis,

I too have an XD-45 and really like the gun. I am a big guy, 6'6" and 300lbs so I can hide the XD pretty well IWB. I have been looking at the 92, also as a plinking gun but ended up buying the 24/7 in 9mm. It is a real shooter so far. The accuracy at 25yards really blew my mind when I walked down to the target. I also like the 17 round magazind in this size gun.

Mike aka tex45acp

·
32,527 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The PT92 and PT145 are all good pistols. This place is growing quite fast.The old Taurus forum folded due to the sister Ruger site going onto a new server in a month or two. We are posting this site at other forums as well. So we should be getting more people once the Taurus owners, who hardly knew about the old one, find out about this one. At least one should not have to worry about having to go through Ford country to get here when doing an engine search.

·
32,527 Posts
Had relatives in DFW area working for Texas Instruments many moons ago. Does anybody remember Braniff Airlines with their neon colored aircraft? That is how long ago.Ancient history.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts