Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Hello from Denver

786 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  24/7 Owner 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. A first time handgun owner who has bought a 24/7 Pro in 40 caliber. I'm sure I'll eventually have lots of questions (and someday answers)!

Go Rockies!

Bob

#2 ·
Welcome to the forums. Our 24/7 fan club is one of the bigger ones. :)

Rockies? I thought that was a series of films with Sylvester Stalone in them. :) ;) :D ;D :eek: ::) :-X ::) ;D Just what you need. A smart alecky welcome.
Enjoy your time here. Do recommend reading the FAQs,old threads, and new ones to get brought up to speed if not already done.

#4 ·
First off...welcome. Second, I love the Rockies because they wiped their a** with the Phillies. (I am a Met fan)

Now, I'm curious as to what gravitated you toward the 40 S&W as your first gun purchase. The 24/7 was a great choice so I'm not questioning that---just wonder what plays on the first time caliber decision.

#5 ·
I wanted something with some knockdown power for defensive purposes. I know several LEO's that are issued .40 service weapons so I knew that would be a good choice. I seriously considered both a 9mm and .45 but being a first time gun owner, thought the .45 may have too much "kick". I also had consulted with my brother in law who is very familiar with guns and he recommended both the 40 caliber and the 24/7 Taurus as well. So far they've both been good choices.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.