Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this will be a more friendly 1911 site than the M1911.org site is to Taurus owners.&nbsp; Although I like the M1911.org site I find them to be a bunch of snobs when anyone mentions a Taurus 1911.&nbsp; I have a PT1911B and have had it for a little over 2 years and find it to be the most accurate and reliable 1911 I have ever shot.&nbsp; Three years in the US Military I have shot a number of 1911 pistols (I believe all Colts) and some I think were as old as my grandfather.&nbsp; On more than one occasion the 1911 has saved my life.&nbsp; I have shot Kimbers, Rocks, Springfields and a Llama which I also own and have found the Taurus PT1911 to be on par if not much better than the others.&nbsp; Recently the snobs at the other site climbed all over me for comparing the accuracy of my PT to that of a Les Baer.&nbsp; Well, my PT can shoot 1.2 inch groups at 50 yards and with the Les Baer you have to pay extra for a 1.5 inch guarantee at 50 yards.&nbsp; I guess they don't like having to pay $2200 while I only paid $500 for a production gun that shot better.<BR><BR><BR>Now I am not saying the Baer isn't a good gun or that Colt isn't good but come on now, don't trash the PT1911 just because it didn't cost as much.</SPAN><BR>

·
22,058 Posts
Welcome from Griffin Ga.

I had the same results with my 1911SS compared to my SA1911 Loaded which has been upgraded for competition.

My PT1911 came out of the box a better shooter than the Springfield.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Airwrench, You visited the Taurus manufacturing facility, did you get any information on the quality of the steel that goes into a Taurus pistol? The moderators at the other site knock the quality of materials used by Taurus and the gunsmiths doing the fitting.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Super Moderator
40,583 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to the handgun forum with the friendliest and most knowledgeable folks I've found on the Internet!:wave:

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins...

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Welcome aboard from the KY, Horse Country!! Formerly of Englewood, OH so welcome from Dayton.

Be sure to check out the Sticky's in each section, and FAQ !!!

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Welcome from North Texas! :wave: I have heard MANY complaints about Kimbers literally falling apart on the firing line but have never seen one do so. I have heard many talking down Taurus pistols mainly because a vocal few have spread poison about some lemons that have come from Taurus. Unfortunately, they failed to point out the lemons and poor performers of other manufacturers.

Taurus stands behind their products period. Others only offer limited warranties.

I guess the snobs forgot the lessons of their folks: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!" :D

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Welcome Tacidblue, you'll like this forum, lots of gun savvy and friendly people.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan.:wave:

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

Thank you for your service to our country.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts