Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
glad to find these forums. I just picked up my 1st handgun. A taurus model 66 7-shot 357 magnum for home/personal defense. So far, I think i'm a taurus "affordable quality" kinda guy. When i get my ccw permit i will probably be looking to buy a lightweight snubbie in 38 special or 357.

·
32,813 Posts
Welcome to the forum and glad to see another wheelgun aficianado. Several of the staff and many members are wheelgun enthusiasts even though they also have semi-autos.
The revolver has a lot to offer as a defense gun or all around for usefulness, but won't get into that all here. ;D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, yeah i really like the look and feel of wheelguns. Plus the reliability factor. But most important for me as a newbie is checking whether or not the gun is empty.

Did my homework before deciding, but i think that i personally feel alot more comfortable with a less complicated wheelgun. And also the versatility of the 357 magnum and defensive track record played a major part. I couldnt think of a more ideal first handgun.

Thanks for the welcome! I hope to learn alot here.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard indie, glad to have you with us and congrats on an excellent purchase, in regards to both the model and chosen caliber. As Qwiks noted, many here are fond of wheelguns, myself included. If you have any questions, there are many friendly and capable people here who should have the answer you seek.

Again, welcome aboard and best wishes,

Taurus_9mm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts