Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all. I'm a retired Jarhead and I just bought a new Taurus PT-1911 in stainless w/gold accents in .38 Super. I got it from Don's Hobby Shop through GunsAmerica.com. I paid $519.00 which I feel was a great deal since I have been researching 1911s for about 18 mos and had come to the conclusion that for features and dependability that Taurus was the way to go. For my price range ($500 to $750) I felt this was the best weapon available. The gun doesn't actually ship out until this Tuesday so I figure I'll probably be able to pick it up from the FFL holder by about Friday. While not as powerful as the .45 (which I qualified for years with in the Marines) the .38 Super should would just fine for me as I plan to obtain a CCW to carry this weapon for-self defense. I love the look of this pistol and can't wait to shoot it!!! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Super Moderator
36,761 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Welcome from Central Pa!!! Very nice 1911!!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Nice looking PT-1911! Never have been a big fan of gold accents on a handgun, but seeing that one, I could be convinced - :) Welcome to one of, if not the friendliest gun forums on the net!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico and thank you for your service to our fine country.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan. Thank you for your service to Our Great Nation!!! Nice pistol!!:wave:

·
Super Moderator
21,609 Posts
Welcome from Mid TN an ex Michigander, Kalamazoo area. Just jump right in. You'll find many 1911 fans here me included. :)

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Welcome from Central Texas!

·
Super Moderator
40,578 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Welcome fron the Rust Belt USA. Nice shooting iorn...............

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
27,530 Posts
Hi from a westsider.
Welcome aboard to the best gun site on the web. You won't get any arguments that the Taurus PT-1911 is a fantastic buy, but be careful - you might just have ignited another round in the caliber wars. :D My advice - never say anything bad about the .45 ACP unless you have a beer in your hand.
Or a pretty girl.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts