Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois! Congrats on the new pistol, I am certain that Taurus will make it right. Should it have to go to MIA, they will pay for a FedEx pickup for a new pistol for up to one year.

Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

Welcome from North Phoenix! Not sure if your mag problem could be caused by the shipping gunk, but keep in mind new Taurus guns come packed with it and need a very thorough initial cleaning. Not sure if that's the case with the 738's 'cause they come from Miami. I would suspect the magazine first, then possibly the mag release - either way, Taurus will take care of you. These days turn around time is really fast.

Welcome from Mid TN just jump right in :)

Welcome From north Texas!

Welcome to the forum from Daytona Beach, FL

Welcome from California.
Try this: after giving it a good cleaning and light oiling (makes sure it is not loaded). Pull the slide back and lock it in the open position with no round chambered. Now insert the magazine, push up until I clicks. Now release the slide and you should be good to go. Let me know if that helps. If not, you may need to call customer service. If your firearm came with 2 mags try with both, and Ty first unloaded and then loaded. That will help identify the problem.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.