Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:guns: I'm new here I got a 738 TCP blued gun from my son for my Birthday last week -- looks better than the Ruger in my opinion -- however Im not sure what im doing wrong but it won't accept the magazine and lock in place there is a 1/8 of an inch gap where the magazine fits in and it jams when I pull the slide back wedging the bullet in the gun. I think I got a lemon here. Any thoughts?? I tried 3 brands of ammo -- perhaps its a bad clip .. I am concerned and somewhat surprised that Quality was not checked before it left the Factory

·
Registered
161 Posts
Welcome from NorCal!

I do not know much about the 738 but I am sure there will be more experienced users coming by soon :)

·
Administrator
39,379 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

Bad magazines happen sometimes. Give Taurus a call, and see if they'll send you out a new one. They might require an exchange.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
First of all, it is my pleasure to welcome you to the humble abode of TaurusArmed.net, where the most knowledgeable and friendly folks on the Internet gather to talk about everything from guns, ammo, reloading, safety drills, and politics.

My first question to you would be: did you disassemble the little pistol and give it a good, thorough cleaning and remove the cosmoline that Taurus gunks the guns up with to safeguard against rust and corrosion; and then lubricate the pistol before reassembling?

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Welcome from East Texas! Sorry you're having trouble with your pistol. Give Taurus a call.

·
Super Moderator
40,407 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
15,646 Posts