Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys !!! I live in Argentina, and recently purchased a PT 24/7 PRO .45ACP, and an OSS Tactical 9mm. I formerly had a Bersa Thunder 9, which is made locally, but had to let it go... had many troubles with it. I must say that Bersas sold over here don't have the same quality control as the ones for the global market.

This is one of the last times I used the Bersa before selling it.

400470_10151073784482690_134237251_n[1].jpg

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

Reactions: Caaarlo

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
Welcome aboard! I'd be very curious to hear about the gun laws in your country and what you can and can't own. Some of us may be headed your way if things don't get better here soon! :D

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Welcome....also from East Texas.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hello and welcome aboard from Albuquerque New Mexico

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Welcome from Saint Louis, Missouri! Maybe we can work out a deal for an export Bersa (a Smith & Wesson, a used Glock...) for some of that great Argentine beef. I've had some grass fed and bet you know where to find some of the good stuff!?!? Eh?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hello, Caaarlo, and welcome from Missouri to this great Taurus family & forum. Great people & info here!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you guys !!!

I'd be very curious to hear about the gun laws in your country and what you can and can't own. Some of us may be headed your way if things don't get better here soon! :D
Gun laws in Argentina are a pain in the @55. To register as a gun user, you need:

-a physician and a psychiatrist to certify you're pysically and mentally ok to own a gun. (2 forms)
-a shooting instructor to certify you can operate a gun (1 form)
-some other burocratic forms, criminal record, etc.
-30 to 60 days wait

Then you get your credential that allows you to buy guns. The credential expires every 5 years. Once expired, you have to do everything again. Forms, criminal record,etc.

When buying a gun, you must pay for it first, fill 2 forms, and wait at least 1 month until the process is complete, then you receive both an "ownership credential" for that specific gun and an ammo consumption credential for that specific caliber... and then you can go to the gun shop and pick the gun you already paid a month ago. Everytime you buy ammo, the ammo consumption credential is requested and your puchase is recorded. Up to 1000 rounds daily is allowed... so, ammo is only sold to registered users, and only to users of that certain caliber. You can't buy 45 ammo if you don't own a 45 gun.

You can't have: 50 cal and larger, Suppressors, full auto guns, Semi auto guns with detachable magazines of caliber larger than 22LR (for this, you need to fill another form, that it is almost always denied)

So... I don't think heading this way is a good idea at all. Gun laws became increasingly restrictive during the last 10 or 15 years, lots of anti-gun morons around here.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome, Caaarlo, to TA.net...and thanks for sharing the interesting post about firearm acquisition / ownership in your country.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Hi guys !!! I live in Argentina, and recently purchased a PT 24/7 PRO .45ACP, and an OSS Tactical 9mm. I formerly had a Bersa Thunder 9, which is made locally, but had to let it go... had many troubles with it. I must say that Bersas sold over here don't have the same quality control as the ones for the global market.
Bienvenido, Caaarlo. I had heard that about Bersa's quality in its home country. I own a Bersa .22 which I have not been entirely happy with.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Thank you guys !!!

Gun laws in Argentina are a pain in the @55. To register as a gun user, you need:

-a physician and a psychiatrist to certify you're pysically and mentally ok to own a gun. (2 forms)
-a shooting instructor to certify you can operate a gun (1 form)
-some other burocratic forms, criminal record, etc.
-30 to 60 days wait

Then you get your credential that allows you to buy guns. The credential expires every 5 years. Once expired, you have to do everything again. Forms, criminal record,etc.

When buying a gun, you must pay for it first, fill 2 forms, and wait at least 1 month until the process is complete, then you receive both an "ownership credential" for that specific gun and an ammo consumption credential for that specific caliber... and then you can go to the gun shop and pick the gun you already paid a month ago. Everytime you buy ammo, the ammo consumption credential is requested and your puchase is recorded. Up to 1000 rounds daily is allowed... so, ammo is only sold to registered users, and only to users of that certain caliber. You can't buy 45 ammo if you don't own a 45 gun.

You can't have: 50 cal and larger, Suppressors, full auto guns, Semi auto guns with detachable magazines of caliber larger than 22LR (for this, you need to fill another form, that it is almost always denied)

So... I don't think heading this way is a good idea at all. Gun laws became increasingly restrictive during the last 10 or 15 years, lots of anti-gun morons around here.
I fully anticipate these kinds of "laws" to become in effect here within the next 4 years.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome from Southeast Tennessee;;

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts