Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came here seeking feedback on a planned purchase of a CCW. Not sure if I want a revolver or semi-auto, a Taurus, Ruger, Charter, S&W or what.

I'll be lurking mostly. If I feel I can contribute I will.

Reactions: Armd2DaTeeth

·
Super Moderator
17,588 Posts
Welcome from Houston! How about a Taurus in Texas and a Makarov in Missouri? When you're in Texas keep an eye out at your local Academy Sports & Outdoors for Taurus on sale.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Howdy to Ya from North Central Ohio.

My input is to suggest both a M85UL .38 Special & a PT1911AL in .45 ACP.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome from Houston! How about a Taurus in Texas and a Makarov in Missouri? When you're in Texas keep an eye out at your local Academy Sports & Outdoors for Taurus on sale.
I check Academy ad weekly. My problem is my legal residence is Missouri. Academy has a store in the Springfield Mo. area. I'll probably have to take a trip there after I get home in the spring. My daughter lives close to Springfield so its no problem. I was interested in the black friday M640 Taurus at Academy. which they ran a week or so ago for just $10 more ($289 vs $299).

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Welcome from north Texas!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico (former Missourian). There are a lot of choices available for CCW and you will hear good and bad about almost everyone of the ones discussed hear. Revolvers are usually simpler to operate but also carry fewer rounds. What ever you choose I would recommend the largest caliber that you and or your spouse feel comfortable with.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello from SE Alabama! I am currently looking to buy a PT111 for CCW
forrest.jpg

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
A big Mississippi welcome to you!

Whether you’re seeking info on Taurus pistols and revolvers, reloading tips, concealed carry suggestions, general handgun safety and handling, or you want to jump in and make a contribution to any of our various sections, you have certainly come to the right place.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from another Friendly Show Me guy. I was born in Springfield, MO but have lived in East Texas most of my life.

Welcome to the best gun forum on the internet.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts