Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many years ago i owned one of the first 6"357 trackers and loved it. i sold it for the 44 mag with ported barrel and vented rib. Loved that one as well and was able to consistantly hit a bowling ball pin from over 100yds with scope on it. had to sell that one when the second kid came along. (13years ago) Anyway i really like the looks of the 627sh4c but it seems hard to come by these days since they dont make it anymore. any ideas why?

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky! Taurus seems like they put out a ton of models for a while then scale it back some so some of the guns that, I guess, didn't sell so well gets the cut.

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
I think sometimes we forget that Taurus makes guns for more than just the US market. All Taurus firearms except fro the PT22, PT25, and the PT738TCP are made in Brazil. Taurus also sells guns to a lot of other nations all over the globe and that includes law enforcement and military orders as well. You can only make so many guns at a time within the manufacturing space you have. So, I suspect that when they take a large contract to produce rifles or some other government type order that the production of retail guns gets a reduction to allow the manufacturer to fill the larger contracts.

Reactions: kaiged1

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

·
Super Moderator
21,452 Posts

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Welcome!

·
Administrator
39,480 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA.... Reckon that I would try out what they have at your local shootin' range and maybe you'll find something else that will make you happy....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
192 Posts
Welcome from Dayton Ohio

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Hello from Piqua Ohio.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Welcome from East Texas.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
32,496 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.

You might want to take a look at Taurus 66s. The new ones have 7 shot cylinders and the old ones have 6 shots. None have porting and I am not a big fan of porting unless it's on something with a 6inch barrel or longdf and used for primarily for hunting.

I own two Taurus model 66s which are a 2.5 inch stainelss steel and a 4 inch blued older version. These are accurate revolvers. So are the 627s.

Just recently I've been going to Gun Broker.com and Gun Auctions. com. I was able to appropriate 2 good looking and functional Taurus 669s with 6 inch barrels. There are more to be had at these places. I do like to normally see the guns physcially before buying, but in this case things worked out okay. If the seller does not have a 3 day return policy or better I pass up the gun offer.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts