Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I want to say hello to everyone here

After waiting 9 days for my 5 day waiting period, I get to finally pick up my brand new 24/7 tonight.

Ive got a few question to ask about ammo

Which 230 grain JHP would be the best to use in the 24/7? I bought Remington Golden Sabers to use for defensive purposes because of recommendations of a friend that has a 1911 clone. Has anyone had any problems with using them in the 24/7?

I also bought 200 rounds of Blazer Brass 230 Gr. round nose to give it a good break in work out, Ive used the Blazer ammo to practice with my 9mm and it seemed to work well, but I dont know how well my new .45 will like it. Anyone have any thing to say (good, bad, ugly) about using the CCI ammo in the Taurus?

Thanks
Rob

·
Administrator
18,578 Posts
Blazer Brass has been very good ammunition, in my experience. Your .45 24/7 should eat most anything you care to feed it! The Remington Gold Sabres should be fine!

Just make sure to give it a good Cleaning and Lubrication BEFORE you go out to shoot it. There will be plenty of packing grease in it and the barrel will need to have the Proof Round residue cleaned out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool!!! Thanks!!! I own other handguns in other calibers but I never bought a .45 until last week and Im so stoked about this purchase.

I was going to buy a Springfield XD in .45 but the pistol looked like there was too many sharp edges on it and since this will be my carry pistol I wanted something that has smooth edges that wouldn't possibly get caught on anything in case I have to draw it.

That and the Taurus was a hell of a deal.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lancer_45 said:
Has any1 noticed that if you leave Blazer brass in a clip for a week or so, the casings get dented in? Would this affect how they shot in any way?
I noticed that the rim (or lack of) looks like its fractionally thinner. So maybe, they made their brass fractionally thinner in order to be more cost effective?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I hope you have more luck with yours than I did. Mine feeds all ammo fine but I get at least 2 fail to fire in every mag. Had the gun for 2 weeks, now Taurus has the gun. Hope they fix it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
sup every one I'm new to the site and come Monday will be a proud owner of a new 24/7 .45. I have done a lot of research on this weapon and there seems to be a even amount of people who love it and people who hate it, hopefully I don't have any problems with it. When it finally arrived at the gun shop last Friday i was able to go take a look at it and get the feel of,wow i was impressed how good it felt in my hand and its better looking in person than the picture. Hope it performs as well as it looks and feels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts