Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined a couple of hours ago, because I was looking for info on how to put my PT 738 back together. I was going to clean it, but then ended up taking both pins out and separating the frame and the grip. BIG MISTAKE, I ended up looking at parts and didn't now where they went or what they were called. So, after everything came apart I started surfing the web searching for instructions on how to put everything back together. I had no luck on finding the instructions I needed. I did happen to come across a thread (on this site) about reversing the mag release. It just happened to have a picture of, what I know as, the sear and sear spring. It didn't show me how to put it back together, but it showed me where they needed to go. That picture was the most valuable information I came across. So, after one cut middle finger, two sore index fingers, a couple hours later and a lot of patience I finally put everything back together. I did a function test and everything seems to be working fine, but I'll be finding out when I go to the range on Monday. Things I learned today: 1) Don't take pistol apart past recommended level. 2) It sucks putting a pistol back together without instructions. In the end I started out looking for info and ended up joining another gun forum.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Hello from Eastern Washington.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net, and thank you for your service to our great nation!

I was a student in the Army Air Defense School at Fort Bliss for 8 weeks in early 1966; and really enjoyed the time I spent there.

Are you a student there or are you serving in a teaching or administrative capacity?

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma. Hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Welcome from NW Ohio.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Welcome!

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Administrator
40,176 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
:) Welcome from Little Rhody.

·
Super Moderator
37,032 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois and I'm glad you got it back together successfully. Thanks for your service and in helping to keep our nation safe!

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Daytona Beach, Fl.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts