Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first taurus saturday at a local gun show. I purchased a Milpro pt140, took it out today and fired off 100 rnds. I do believe i have a keeper

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard Velvalco, glad to see you made it. If you'd like you can post your pics of your PT-140 in the gallery or in a thread you originate in the MilPro sub-forum.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. :)

·
32,528 Posts
Welcome to the boards. I see the Welcome Wagon is streaking inmass for the welcome. :)
Do recommend reading the FAQs, old, and new threads if not done so already.
Happy to hear the PT140 is working out for you.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Welcome among the Taurus-ians! That PT140 is a great little gun - love mine. Be sure to join in the discussions. Glad to have you with us.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Welcome aboard!!! Lot of PT fans here!!l

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody, I'm really starting to feel at home here. I just took my PT140 out again today, put another 150 rounds through it, had 1 FTE, but i feel it was more my fault than it was the guns. Brought it back cleaned it up real good. I believe now it works better than it did the first time. Action seems to be a little smoother. Can't wait to take it out again and try it again. I'm going to have to get into reloading next. Shooting like this can get expensive. ;D

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time with your PT140 :) Glad to hear that. I should get into reloading myself. I've never really had the time or inclination before but with ammo costs being what they are anymore I should look into it.

I usually get blazer aluminum of www.natchezss.com however since that's typically one of theleast costliest brands of ammo.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i've been picking up the 100 round value pack of winchesters from wal-mart for $23, they have also been carrying the Remington UMC 180gr JHP's mega pack of 100 rounds for $26.

Seem to be doing fine so far.

·
Administrator
39,691 Posts
Wilkommen! :wave:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome - I would recommend sticking with the Winchesters, although a lil more expensive, I've never had a dud. I had about 10 out of a 250 pack of Remington UMC 180gr I bought from walmart. Excellent choice BTW!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome from MO

·
Registered
467 Posts
Welcome from another newby in Florida. Hope to be enjoying a Taurus in my stable soon.

Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts