Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Southwest Michigan,
I am a fairly new member of this site, but I have been reading on here quite a bit for about the past year. I have posted a handful of times, but just never took the time to introduce myself until now. About a year ago, I found this forum when I was doing research before purchasing a 738 TCP for concealed carry. I have been shooting since I was about 8 or 9 years old. I started out with a .22 and quickly graduated to a 20 ga. and then a 12 ga. shotgun. I used to do a lot of upland game and deer hunting throughout my high school and early college years. However, when I got married, moved to another state, and started back to college, my hunting and shooting was put on the back burner for quite a few years. I usually tried to get out and shoot at least 4-6 times per year, but I quickly found that I missed shooting on a regular basis and really wished I could do much more. I acquired several other guns over the years, but just never found the time to shoot them enough to really feel confident with my skills (other than with a shotgun... I've been shooting one of those for so long, it just seems to come as second nature). Well, now my life circumstances have changed a bit, and I have a lot more time to shoot. I joined a sportsman's club just down the road and have now been shooting about every other week for the last year. Wow have I missed guns! I'm hooked again in a big way. When I'm not at the range shooting on the weekends, I find myself thinking about how much I WANT to be shooting and what new guns I would love to buy. Also, I now feel that I have a bit more of a justification for this love... I figure if I'm going to be carrying a gun on a daily basis, I'd sure better be proficient with it. I've been trying to get my wife (whose only experience with guns is shooting a pellet gun with me in the back yard) to come to the range with me, but with young children, it just never seems to work out the both of us can slip away for a couple of hours. One of these days, I'll get my wife out there with me, as well as my children (when they are old enough). Well, I guess that just about covers me and my shooting history. On a side note, I have to say that I love this forum, the open minds that regularly post here, and the obvious wealth of knowledge contained within it's members. Thanks for all of the great info that I have already received, and thanks in advance for all that I know I will receive in the future.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
A warm welcome to the Forum from North Texas! :wave: Glad you joined us!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome from Southeast Tennessee;;

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
It's good to get to know you better.

I'm envious...wish I could join a sportsman's club and shoot every other week. :shooter:

Don't be a "stranger" from now on. ;)

Reactions: dogchild

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

·
Super Moderator
36,412 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico, glad to have you.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcom from Kentucky!

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Welcome from East Texas.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Smiley Hello.gif Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan.:wave:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome from western Washington. I totally understand where you're at trying to find time to shoot with your wife. My wife and I just recently began shooting together when the range up the road started doing a "ladies night" on Monday and let the ladies shoot for free. It works out well for us to pick up a niece after school and have her babysit for a couple hours every other Monday. There is something to be said for sharing something like this with your partner. Makes me even more eager to get my sons into shooting and hunting. Someday we'll have all 3 boys old enough to shoot and join the range club as a family so we can all go shoot together. That will be great!! Welcome again, and keep workin on getting your wife to the range with you.

·
32,572 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,551 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts