Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Taurus Raging Judge 3" from a private seller. I love it, it's awesome! It's pretty much brand new, I have all of the paper work, box etc.

I was firing it today, with mixed loads of 45 Sho - 454 Casull and .410. When I went to eject the spent brass, the 410 shells were pretty hard to get out of there. Is that normal?

If someone happens to my gun, will Taurus work on it for me?

That's all

Craig

·
Registered
29,971 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. :icon_ lala:

State of over "1 MILLION 120 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

Yes they will honor the lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
606 Posts
What brand/load shotgun shells did you use? Most folks here are using Federal Handgun 410 000, Winchester PDX, or other such self-defense shells and hasn't had much in ejection problems. But some folks have also use lighter-load shells like birdshot and have had the brass expand enough to be harder to eject.

And as stated above, the Taurus warranty follows the firearm for lifetime (unless you modify the firearm, use non-SAMMI loads, etc).

·
Registered
304 Posts
Re: Hello all! New to the forum and just got a Taurus Raging Judge

Welcome from lower alabama

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome, Craig, from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Salutations from a fellow Judge enthusiast from Northern Mississippi.

Pull up a chair, kick back, and enjoy sharing ideas and experiences with some of the finest folks who assemble on the web.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The 410s can expand a bit because the cylinder is slightly over sized for the 45 colt. Some guys (myself included) have had trouble with the cylider locking up using Federal 000 buck in the polymer model. I have also had them get a bit "sticky" when trying to eject the spent shells from the cylinder. Best bet is to buy some different brands/loads of 410 and see what works best for your gun. I ran cheap birdshot through mine and it functioned fine. I wouldn't carry it for a defense load but it still put a smile on my face....

Oh yeah, congrats on the gun :)

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
"Salutations" I'm going to have to add that to the mix!!

"HEY" from StL MO!!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky. I've got the Raging Judge Ultra Light. I don't seem to have any sticking problems with mine. I had to use the ejector rod for the .410 ammo but it worked fairly easily.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Happens to mine with cheap 410 ammo, but Federal handgun ammo ejects fine.

Taurus has a lifetime warranty and their customer service is great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts